Military Camp

Does it make me an alcoholic if I like having a Kegerator?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I've had my kegerator for a few months now, and I'm going to get another keg of beer. I had Hat Tip by Barrow Brewery in Salado. It is an awesome beer, btw, but its a "summer seasonal" and they can't part with another keg. . . . . :(

Anyone have a favorite beer to put in a keg? I'm probably going to get their white Belgium 784, which is good.

I'm a little sad I didn't get fridge and do a conversion kit, but I'm won't replace it any time soon.
    Gun Zone Deals

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    If it took you a couple months to finish that keg i think youre ok. As far as a replacement, Shiner is my favorite.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Been drinking some 3Nations beers. American Wit is good. But the my favorite beer I've had in a while is Blood Orange. Its not on their website, but they have it on tap, but not in cans yet.

http://3nationsbrewing.com/

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yep. Lay off the booze for a week or so and if it's more than just an annoyance then you might have a problem. If you drink to the point it's hurting your job performance health or home you got a problem.
    If not enjoy your beer.
    A kegerator is a great home accessory. How are you getting your CO2? Welding supply? Folks say it's not resturant grade but I think it's fine. I use to work at a gas manufacturing plant and we didn't make special food grade gas separate from our shield gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Not so much a kegerator, but I have a keezer (chest freezer with a temp controller that holds beer kegs). I keep it stocked with my own homebrew.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I had one of those for a long time - to hold my homebrew too. Freezer finally died & I quit brewing.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Does it make me an alcoholic if I like having a Kegerator?

Only if you attend the meetings. Otherwise you're just a drunk.

Or as a friend of mine says, "I'd rather be a drunk than an alcoholic. Fewer meetings!"

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There are many symptoms of alcoholism. Pretty much, if it affects your abilities to reason or if you get to the point where you just can't get by without it, then you may have a problem. But even those that do have a problem have to come to a realization that they do have a problem before they can do anything about it. This country has thousands of functioning alcoholics that won't admit even to themselves that they have a problem.

And no! I am not calling anyone here an alcoholic. Except for myself, but then I know what I am and have found a solution some 27 years ago.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom