• ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    <>

We all must learn what our Ancestors knew: Laws & Courts cannot replace ethics, responsibility, & religion, to keep order in society.

<>
    Yeah, when any entity bans the discussion of rel!g!on within reasonable boundaries, it undermines the very foundations of the freedoms the Founding Fathers believe were necessary and which underwrote the laws protecting our rights to own and carry (keep and bear) the arms which we appreciate...

Just as a reminder:
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other...
    Letter from John Adams to the Militia of Massachusetts, 1798

The morality necessary to maintain the government we were given, and to keep people from mis-using firearms, was predicated on the moral guidance of the Scriptures as taught by the churches in the colonies.
    Guns International

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, when any entity bans the discussion of rel!g!on within reasonable boundaries, it undermines the very foundations of the freedoms the Founding Fathers believe were necessary and which underwrote the laws protecting our rights to own and carry (keep and bear) the arms which we appreciate...

Just as a reminder:

Letter from John Adams to the Militia of Massachusetts, 1798

The morality necessary to maintain the government we were given, and to keep people from mis-using firearms, was predicated on the moral guidance of the Scriptures as taught by the churches in the colonies.
    <>

Correct on every point !

<>

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    so are you going to boycott tgt because discussing religion is prohibited here?
    If the mods are generous enough to leave my previous post here alone, I can live with the general rule, though I find the morality of responsible gun ownership and usage to require some form of moral, and therefore “religious” argument and it seems a tricky thing to fully exclude it in the discussion of morality. It’s exclusion is not actually neutral.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If the mods are generous enough to leave my previous post here alone, I can live with the general rule, though I find the morality of responsible gun ownership and usage to require some form of moral, and therefore “religious” argument and it seems a tricky thing to fully exclude it in the discussion of morality. It’s exclusion is not actually neutral.
    well for whatever reasons has prohibited religious discussion i have seen threads locked because some tried to circumvent the rules,personally i don't seewhere religion has anything to do with gun ownership and morals are not exclusive to religion!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    well for whatever reasons has prohibited religious discussion i have seen threads locked because some tried to circumvent the rules,personally i don't seewhere religion has anything to do with gun ownership and morals are not exclusive to religion!
    Only if you define religion narrowly and arbitrarily. Atheism is also a religion that is promoted by banning those other religions with deities, for instance. Every moral argument appeals to it’s highest authority, which then tells you who is the deity.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's amazing! There are some folks that advocate for gun rights, yet don't want people to show their arms, or think you should only carry sidearms.

What if all someone can afford is a rifle or handgun? Should they not defend themselves because they decided a (military style) rifle was better protection?

I'm sick and tired of the public at large basing their decisions on feelings. I'll be damned if I'll disarm myself because it hurts your feelings.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I miss the days of gun shows down town at the convention center.
    Parking was across the street, and when it was set up day, I would park there, #1 son and I would load our arms, and shoulders up, take the garage elevator down to street level, cross the street over to the convention center.
    There were always tourists on the way, and I think some of them wet their pants when they met a middle age man, and under age boy, heavily armed, on the way to set up.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I will never open carry. Any malevolent shooter will target OC people first and eliminate them first. CC all the time to protect others!
    Your right to carry as you see fit. Your right to carry to protect others. I don’t agree with you but do as you want.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's another myth just like the streets will run red.
    And shootouts like the O.K. Corral.
    Yeah, his (edub) quote: "Any malevolent shooter will target OC people first and eliminate them first." was the reason for my sigh. While he may believe that, it's written as a fact.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    How many times has it happened that OC folks were shot first?

Anyone have a stat on it?
    a lot of people like to use that as a strwman argument for concealed carry
    I will never open carry. Any malevolent shooter will target OC people first and eliminate them first. CC all the time to protect others!
    do you have proof or evidence that supports your assessment or just parroting amythas being factual!

Top Bottom