Gun Zone Deals

Does R. v W. decision have potential to push Texas Blue?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crash813

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2022
    ATX
    To be clear, the question I'm asking is not whether abortion is right or wrong, not who gets them, or even why. Its how close is Texas from being pushed over and is a hot topic like this, enough for Democrats to make significant ground?

Its been awhile since it was a hot button item. A majority of voters now have only known having that right. I can't even remember when the last time I remember a candidate being vocal about life/choice.

At the end of the day, you have Red voters, Blue voters, and then a whole bunch of inbetweeners who vote based on where candidates stand on the main topics that are relavent. I'm not sure if you red tinted glasses guys are underestimating this some. I don't get into a lot of politcal talks with people (I live in the Peoples Republic of Austin) but I find myself having more and more out of left field (pun intended).

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I think it’s deeper than that. Just listen to the words they use. When you try to ask questions about life, it’s met with anger and they don’t want to think about it because they know it’s murder.

I tell people the reason I’m pro life is because if I was a dr I wouldn’t have what it takes to do an abortion. I couldn’t dismember an unborn baby knowing it’s healthy and will develop fine. Including Down syndrome. It is not my place even with religion out of the conversation.

I also have no problem telling women if you could do the abortion yourself or on other women then do it. See what you’re made of and we can at least see you for who you are.

That shows how disgusting they are. A developing baby is of our own species and proof some don’t need to be mothers. If something upstairs is blocking the biological instinct to be a mother...yeah, they don’t need kids.

Beetlejuice - er, Lori Lightfoot (I hope she's not related to Gordon Lightfoot) at an event...

Trying to whip up the crowd over Justice Thomas' opinion about how they want to "take our right to get married, our right to have children" - excuse me, y'all are bitching about your right to kill babies, not the right of gays to have kids. I'd rather see a child born to a gay mother, than aborted. I'd rather a gay male couple be able to adopt a child, than to have that child killed out of convenience for the mother.

As for marriage? I 100% the idea that we need to get government the hell OUT of the marriage business. Marriage should be between whomever wants to be married, with no recognition or permission slips necessary from or by the government. No fees, no penalties, no benefits.

You want legal entanglements or privlidges? Ok, you can do that without being married via contract law.

Only time courts should be involved is child custody when the parents cannot amicably reach an agreement. I think there needs to be huge reform there too, but that's an entirely different topic.

Right now - no one is coming for your gay marriage or gays rights to be parents. We just want reasonable abortion control!

Funny. I was reading a ton of tweets from Texan libtard women who want to relocate out of Texas. :laughing:

Oooh I hope they do. California, Oregon, Washington, New York or Illinois can have every last one of them. The State of Texas should fund each one a one-way ticket out of Texas, on the caveat that they can never return, or they have to repay the state plus interest.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Funny. I was reading a ton of tweets from Texan libtard women who want to relocate out of Texas. :laughing:
    That's cause you live around Austin. I know LOTS of women that aren't liberals and vote conservative. My wife included. Calling her a liberal would earn you a smack up side the head!

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    To be clear, the question I'm asking is not whether abortion is right or wrong, not who gets them, or even why. Its how close is Texas from being pushed over and is a hot topic like this, enough for Democrats to make significant ground?

Its been awhile since it was a hot button item. A majority of voters now have only known having that right. I can't even remember when the last time I remember a candidate being vocal about life/choice.

At the end of the day, you have Red voters, Blue voters, and then a whole bunch of inbetweeners who vote based on where candidates stand on the main topics that are relavent. I'm not sure if you red tinted glasses guys are underestimating this some. I don't get into a lot of politcal talks with people (I live in the Peoples Republic of Austin) but I find myself having more and more out of left field (pun intended).
    Texas as it was is no more, been here my whole life and watched it drastically change for the worst.

It’s very possible it turns blue sooner than later. People can say Texans won’t let it happen but more true Texans are moving out of Texas as transplants are moving in. So It’s not solely based on that anymore.

Say what you want but these same transplants are coming from shitholes they have sucked dry and run into the ground. I know this strikes a nerve with some of you but you are delusional if you think everyone coming here is a great person with similar beliefs as you. We see people flip on here all the time and that’s only a tiny percentage, Imagine the real numbers.

History repeats itself and old habits are hard to break. look at how many people have moved here and continue to do so. Look at where said people are moving from and what they turned those areas into. Democratic shit holes.

Also I’m very aware nobody does wrong anymore and can’t take responsibility for their actions. Everyone is a innocent bystander that had no say or involvement, got it.

I might not be the most educated or best at writing my point to make others understand. I am however a realist and will not ignore the fact Texas Is continually changing. Flood a area with people that don’t give a shit about it and it’s not hard to flip votes.

O and If I hurt any feelings or upset anyone to that I say, fuckkkk em.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

To be clear. It will have a very minimal effect.

Reactions: gll

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Abortion is a hot topic, and has been for many decades. Just look at the current news as an indication of how hot the topic is with people.

Sadly, many of those protesting the SCOTUS decision, don't even know what they are protesting because of their ignorance. Reversing Roe Vs. Wade didn't make abortion illegal as many of them seem to think, it just moved the decisions back to the states to make their own laws regarding abortion. IF a woman still wants to get an abortion in Texas, where it will be now illegal, nothing is stopping her from traveling to another state where it's legal for her to do so.

A lot of people are going to vote based solely on the premise of whether abortion is right or wrong. Moral issues and such.

LuckyLady

Lucky to live in the Great State of Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Williamson County
    I think Texas is becoming more Red. Yes there are a lot of people moving here, but many that I've talked to, even from California, are conservatives. In the primaries this year, there was a much bigger turn out for Republicans than Democrats. Many people who want to live a peaceful, successful, abundant living, are getting tired of the violence, inflation, and crime perpetuated daily by the Left. Hispanics are crossing over. Every day more and more Blacks are opening their eyes. Many Independents, Libertarians, and even some Democrats are sick of everything that is going on. Even Elon Musk (who I don't care for and who has voted Democrat all his life) voted Republican in the primaries in Texas and said he was voting Republican in the November elections. The ONLY way Democrats will win is if they cheat or do something to shut down the elections, which I would not put it past them. Tyrants never give up power once they have it. I am very nervous for November...

LuckyLady

Lucky to live in the Great State of Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Williamson County
    The main reason Texas would turn blue will be the RINOs. If the Republicans running (Cornyn, Abbott, Phelan, Kacal, etc.) vote to empower Democrats, then why vote Republican? Put some real Constitutional (US & TX) conservatives on the ballot, and the tide will turn. Just ask Ted Cruz....
    Cornyn MUST be primaried. He is the biggest threat to Texas and the United States.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Beetlejuice - er, Lori Lightfoot (I hope she's not related to Gordon Lightfoot) at an event...

Trying to whip up the crowd over Justice Thomas' opinion about how they want to "take our right to get married, our right to have children" - excuse me, y'all are bitching about your right to kill babies, not the right of gays to have kids. I'd rather see a child born to a gay mother, than aborted. I'd rather a gay male couple be able to adopt a child, than to have that child killed out of convenience for the mother.

As for marriage? I 100% the idea that we need to get government the hell OUT of the marriage business. Marriage should be between whomever wants to be married, with no recognition or permission slips necessary from or by the government. No fees, no penalties, no benefits.

You want legal entanglements or privlidges? Ok, you can do that without being married via contract law.

Only time courts should be involved is child custody when the parents cannot amicably reach an agreement. I think there needs to be huge reform there too, but that's an entirely different topic.

Right now - no one is coming for your gay marriage or gays rights to be parents. We just want reasonable abortion control!

Oooh I hope they do. California, Oregon, Washington, New York or Illinois can have every last one of them. The State of Texas should fund each one a one-way ticket out of Texas, on the caveat that they can never return, or they have to repay the state plus interest.

She’s in the top ten terrible people list.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom