Patriot Mobile

Does R. v W. decision have potential to push Texas Blue?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crash813

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2022
    ATX
    As more and more people resettle to Texas, we seem to inch closer and closer to going Blue. Is anyone else thinking that bringing R v W back to the forefront, it risks engaging more and more swings to the liberal side, ultimately pushing Texas to flip? I've been having more and more political conversations with people who I never felt were political before. Will that translate to the polls?
    DK Firearms

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    The leftists have wrecked the economy, and I think that's a bigger issue. The average person doesn't have an abortion, but the average person fills their tank with gas at 5 bucks a gallon and is paying skyrocketing prices for everything.

We'll see. I think most of the hard-core abortionists are leftist whites in big coastal cities who aren't going to vote R anyways.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I expect Master Beto to come out loudly for women's right to abort their unborns.... piously opining about how bad old white Republican men don't have the right to have a say on the topic....

Just watch...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Since abortion is now banned in Texas thanks not only to our trigger law, but the never-repealed pre-Roe ban, it could become a hot topic come election time. The lefties will push for "women's rights" (but they'd have to admit what a woman is, or at least admit to knowing that they know what a woman is without a biology degree) while any conservative or libertarian worth a shit will point out they're arguing for the right to kill, not for "reproductive rights" and they'll use the covid shot hysteria to point out the hypocrisy of "muh bodily autonomy"

Abortion, gun rights, and the economy will be the driving forces come election day - honestly I think the economy and the shitty leftist economic policies that have lead to historic inflation and ever shrinking wealth will be THE main factor this year and in 2024.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I've looked at statistics on abortion per year. Over the last 20yrs the US averages about 1million abortions. One of the biggest arguments I've heard is women's right to a abortion IF THEY WERE RAPED. If we have even have just 1/2 of 1million women getting raped in the US I'd say we have more of a pandemic with rape & seems we need more armed citizens.... especially women. We should be encouraging more people to protect themselves.

crash813

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2022
    ATX
    I expect Master Beto to come out loudly for women's right to abort their unborns.... piously opining about how bad old white Republican men don't have the right to have a say on the topic....

Just watch...
    this is the problem I see... instead of concentrating on things like the economy, the left will simply deflect with taking women's rights.....whatever your opinions on if thats a true statement, it directly targets 50% of the population. Guess it'll be an interesting season.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Personal opinion here.

Babies are being ripped from the womb. Who give a F**k about R or D, blue vs red. It's a right vs wrong issue.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

If Dems were to take a majority how do the think that would effect this right/wrong issue?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I don't want to be unrealistic, but there are signs that we aren't losing as bad as we think sometimes. People appreciate bold stands and courageous leadership. Look at Desantis vs Abbott. Abbott needs to grow MORE spine not less, and stop the appeasement. I think we could be winning even harder here in Texas if that happened.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personal opinion here.

Babies are being ripped from the womb. Who give a F**k about R or D, blue vs red. It's a right vs wrong issue.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk
    If Dems were to take a majority how do the think that would effect this right/wrong issue?
    I agree with @Younggun on this. It is an issue of wrong vs. right, but Democrats are pushing issues that most of us think as fundamentally are wrong, or into accepting what is abnormal as being normal when we know that's wrong. Democrats need to be pushed out and made to be the majority.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    We need to be very careful here to make sure Republicans get out the vote. White middle class women may think the abortion issue is THE issue and vote democratic. Pro-choice people are very motivated. Hispanics are Catholic but 24% of abortions are done on Catholics.
    I personally think inflation and gas prices will be the major issue but the pro-choice people may be single issue people and this is all democrats have to hope for. We have 2A and they have choice. Many of us are single issue and enthusiastic voters. I am sure they may be single issue too. Get out the vote.

Top Bottom