Patriot Mobile

Does R. v W. decision have potential to push Texas Blue?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This may energize the D base some. But I doubt it will convince anyone to vote D who was going to vote R. Besides, most people vote their pocketbook and that does not bode will for D's.

I hope there will be little effect in the end.
    Military Camp

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    If Dems were to take a majority how do the think that would effect this right/wrong issue?
    You are 100% correct.

I guess I'm just not done spiking the football on this win based on the moral stance.

I'm not quite ready to move on and analyze the political repercussions.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    This may energize the D base some. But I doubt it will convince anyone to vote D who was going to vote R. Besides, most people vote their pocketbook and that does not bode will for D's.

I hope there will be little effect in the end.

I hate to add this part, but it's kinda sorta true

The Republicans didn't just overturn Roe....SCOTUS did. There is a layer of abstraction, and even though those who follow politics know that the Justices who voted to overturn Roe were nominated by R Presidents, I don't think Joe Average cares to know that much about US politics, and so I think the effect will be minimized (although def not eliminated).

Also, by November, many states will have passed pro-abortion laws, further minimizing the issue, and the attention span of Joe Average will have elapsed, and be back to cursing about how a gallon of milk costs him more and more every day.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I agree with @Younggun on this. It is an issue of wrong vs. right, but Democrats are pushing issues that most of us think as fundamentally are wrong, or into accepting what is abnormal as being normal when we know that's wrong. Democrats need to be pushed out and made to be the majority.
    One last thing (one of many ignored by the dims) about the issue du jour that the liberal left is hoping will propel them to their goal of unlimited tyranny after a manipulated 2022 election:

Let's pray that local regulation at the state level kills the disgusting and highly profitable industry benefiting from the sale of HUMAN fetal parts.

Yeah, I know it is supposedly illegal, but that has not stopped the abuse of anything, including fetal part trafficking, that the dims hatch.

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    I hate to add this part, but it's kinda sorta true

The Republicans didn't just overturn Roe....SCOTUS did. There is a layer of abstraction, and even though those who follow politics know that the Justices who voted to overturn Roe were nominated by R Presidents, I don't think Joe Average cares to know that much about US politics, and so I think the effect will be minimized (although def not eliminated).

Also, by November, many states will have passed pro-abortion laws, further minimizing the issue, and the attention span of Joe Average will have elapsed, and be back to cursing about how a gallon of milk costs him more and more every day.

I think R had it in the bag to take many seats in NOV.. I think we are screwed now..

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    I am very liberal when it comes to Gun Rights, and spending my own money I earned :D (rather than politicians in most states, that take as much income tax as they can, and spend it how they want, careing not for true public opinion, which is a never-ending cycle for needing more).

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, however some children will suffer more from living in poverty, and while I am anti-pro-choice, and I see abortion as a solution to bad choices as wrong, many kids grow up with a hard-life like the bike-kids and drummer-kids on the streets.
    New Orleans was a place we visited one night, while in Louisiana, there were 2 pretty violent assaults I saw in just one evening, a black young girl assaulted what I assume was her brother more than 4 times, full-arms swinging HARD to the head, and bike-kids assaulted some dude violently(, I didn't see how it started, nobody was arrested). There's a BUNCH of savages in THAT town...

As far as changing Texas to a Blue state, I think it could happen, like many states, as communists want to control everyone, even at the cost of lying, cheating, and stealing (dumping ballots).

I believe many people are fleeing here as refugees, as they see how much lefties screw up the states they are fleeing, and have zero chance to even have a voice, or win an election. I am sure some are coming here to try to screw up this state too, but I think more firearm enthusiasts, and those fleeing crazy-stupid gun law states are coming here for freedom from many types of oppressive-state silliness, than the whackos coming here to again screw yet another state up.

I think the intelligent gen-pop is waking up, and making informed decisions and weighing options to migrate here, unlike the stupid and ignorant which don't pay attention to anything unless their TV/Phone tells them to do something.

I spoke with one girl from Kommiefornia I have worked with in the past, and she mentioned something like "what they will throw you in jail for, there", meaning abortion, w/out saying it, and I hope that things like this will detour many from moving to our great state of Texas, especially anti-gunners, knowing we are a "True Constitutional Carry" state. I spoke with another guy from IL, and he became a gun owner since moving here, so I think the tides are turning, espeially when SCOTUS is ruling with logic and reason in mind, rather than emotion these days...

Then again, NRA HQ was in NY, but isn't now, and I have spoken with a retired Marine in Kommiefornia that is "anti-rifle for civilians", (if you are unaware, all Marines "Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman.") so there are whackos everywhere...

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Most that come here come for the jobs of companies moving here, lower taxes, & lower housing cost. Many, not all, bring their communist views and thoughts with them and will not change what they are brain washed into thinking. WE are on the cusp of being blued unfortunately.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My impersonation of a leftist woman: “it’s my body my right! So what if two people willingly made life and I’m now hosting that life! It’s my right to murder”!

Bunch of psychopaths.
    I have to wonder how many women consult with the father of the child before they abort it? My guess? Very, very few.

I'd also argue that once conception takes place, that's a human life, and what rights does another person have, even if in the body of another person? Simple to me. The right to live.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have to wonder how many women consult with the father of the child before they abort it? My guess? Very, very few.

I'd also argue that once conception takes place, that's a human life, and what rights does another person have, even if in the body of another person? Simple to me. The right to live.
    This is the argument used by one religion but it is not universal. I am not saying you are wrong but your belief is not universal and our common laws treat life differently. In most cases by law life begins after birth. I say most cases because murder of a pregnant woman and her fetus exists. But we do not give "legal" status to a fetus for tax purposes, birth certificates, etc. If we did such I can see women having 3 or 4 abortions every year just to get 3-4 tax deductions. Suffice it to say, abortion in Texas has been extremely limited by state law prior to R vs W. Realistically though, those that have their private jets on call will not be affected. The poor and dumb who reproduce at a faster pace than most will be affected most by this. Their abundance in new children will be at our expense. I am looking at the big picture, not the moral aspect.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Those idiots who consider abortion a constitutional right are already baked into the commie vote, and IMO are the minority in this country, especially this state. The election is months away, an eternity in present day politics. And especially hispanics, blacks, independents- they won't give a shit about abortion in Nov. It will all be about the Democrat economy, high gas prices, food, energy prices, followed by crime, and illegal immigration. The commies will go through their usual bag of tricks: identity politics, abortion, LGBT shit, etc. and most will tune it out.

It's all about their wallets.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    This is the argument used by one religion but it is not universal. I am not saying you are wrong but your belief is not universal and our common laws treat life differently. In most cases by law life begins after birth. I say most cases because murder of a pregnant woman and her fetus exists. But we do not give "legal" status to a fetus for tax purposes, birth certificates, etc. If we did such I can see women having 3 or 4 abortions every year just to get 3-4 tax deductions. Suffice it to say, abortion in Texas has been extremely limited by state law prior to R vs W. Realistically though, those that have their private jets on call will not be affected. The poor and dumb who reproduce at a faster pace than most will be affected most by this. Their abundance in new children will be at our expense. I am looking at the big picture, not the moral aspect.
    And what price do we put on a human life? At what point does a fetus become a human life?

Many like myself, do see abortion as moral issue, just like right and wrong.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Those idiots who consider abortion a constitutional right are already baked into the commie vote, and IMO are the minority in this country, especially this state. The election is months away, an eternity in present day politics. And especially hispanics, blacks, independents- they won't give a shit about abortion in Nov. It will all be about the Democrat economy, high gas prices, food, energy prices, followed by crime, and illegal immigration. The commies will go through their usual bag of tricks: identity politics, abortion, LGBT shit, etc. and most will tune it out.

It's all about their wallets.
    Abortion isn't and never was a Constitutional right. Exactly why Roe Vs. Wade was over-turned on the legal merits of the case, and given back to the states to make laws regarding abortion.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Abortion isn't and never was a Constitutional right. Exactly why Roe Vs. Wade was over-turned on the legal merits of the case, and given back to the states to make laws regarding abortion.

Exactly, which is why R vs W was overturned. My point is that there are idiots who still consider it a "right" after the ruling.

And I can come up with bullsh** just like them and insist that me killing all cats is a constitutional right, pure insanity.

Top Bottom