DK Firearms

Does R. v W. decision have potential to push Texas Blue?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Exactly, which is why R vs W was overturned. My point is that there are idiots who still consider it a "right" after the ruling.

And I can come up with bullsh** just like them and insist that me killing all cats is a constitutional right, pure insanity.
    ANY idiot that thinks it's right, Needs to show us exactly where in the Constitution this right was acknowledged as being a right.
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is the argument used by one religion
    I'm not sure that purely religious arguments are of much use in this context. There are, after all, religious folks whose doctrine asserts that the soul enters the body only when the first breath is drawn. For them, aborting a baby the day before delivery is scheduled is perfectly OK since the fetus is not yet a human with a soul.

Religious arguments will always be polluted by doctrine which is always polluted by internecine politics and other unreliable sources of input. That's a tar baby I'd rather not hug.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Exactly, which is why R vs W was overturned. My point is that there are idiots who still consider it a "right" after the ruling.

And I can come up with bullsh** just like them and insist that me killing all cats is a constitutional right, pure insanity.
    That's an idea for a new amendment killing all cats in a New York minute. Lol.just kidding I like cats.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    ANY idiot that thinks it's right, Needs to show us exactly where in the Constitution this right was acknowledged as being a right.

Oh, these commies used all sorts of mental and legal gymnastics, and pure out and out bullshit lies to try to make R vs W valid using the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments. Did it for close to 50 years, these maniacs. Thank God Alito got some help from Trump, getting his three justices in to SCOTUS. Even Ginsburg thought R vs W was a clusterf***.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Religious arguments will always be polluted by doctrine which is always polluted by internecine politics and other unreliable sources of input. That's a tar baby I'd rather not hug.
    Being the son of a democrat scientist, I’d say take that out of the argument and just using science we can see it’s wrong.

Humans will always feel a need to do what’s right. At least those of us that aren’t narcissistic or psychos. To not give life a chance is evil behavior. If a baby is going to be born without a brain, abort it, but otherwise aborting a healthy life is illogical and unethical. In terms of science, life is all around us. The cells in plants, the way our water gets oxygenated, and certainly cells forming a baby are life.

Humans are masters at word fucking things around to not feel guilty. My apologies for the language.

What’s really the problem? Is it the unborn baby or society being literally insane?

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Gotta love the argument that the Pro-choice crowd is making. That the law being over-turned makes it unsafer for women.

What about the safety of the unborn child? What about the rights of the unborn child?

I'll always believe their are other options for an unwanted child, rather than resorting to abortion. There is always adoption, because there are many people that would love to have a child that can't have children.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Oh, these commies used all sorts of mental and legal gymnastics, and pure out and out bullshit lies to try to make R vs W valid using the 1st, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendments. Did it for close to 50 years, these maniacs. Thank God Alito got some help from Trump, getting his three justices in to SCOTUS. Even Ginsburg thought R vs W was a clusterf***.
    Ginsburg was huge supporter of abortion, but she argued that Roe Vs. Wade fell short on the legal merits of the case.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have both religious and none religious influences. I consider myself a conservationist. You would think most hunters and campers would be. Life is special. I don’t see the logic in abortion. So if god is out of the conversation it means life is even more special.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    This is true.

Doing what’s right often comes with a burden. More so In today’s society.
    If we completely believe this than our open border policy may be correct. I feel for those poor that are striving for a better life. I am first generation in this country. But I am against open borders.

I'm not sure that purely religious arguments are of much use in this context. There are, after all, religious folks whose doctrine asserts that the soul enters the body only when the first breath is drawn. For them, aborting a baby the day before delivery is scheduled is perfectly OK since the fetus is not yet a human with a soul.

My point though is that common law doesn't give legal right to a fetus and it becomes a baby after it is born. My understanding of Catholicism is the belief that human life is present from conception. Jews from my understanding is that human life begins after delivery of the shoulders. I may be wrong about this. The point is that the debate on these issues will not be settled now or for the next 100 years. Eventually people will be debating human clones.
    I am glad that R vs W has been found to not be in the constitution. I am glad that gun rights are in the constitution. The states can decide how they want to treat abortion.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Eventually people will be debating human clones.
    We could go far afield with that. I won't suggest we do it here but that question has been the subject of much attention among ethicists and speculative fiction writers. When it becomes a discussion for regular folk, it's gonna get ugly.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    We could go far afield with that. I won't suggest we do it here but that question has been the subject of much attention among ethicists and speculative fiction writers. When it becomes a discussion for regular folk, it's gonna get ugly.
    Some things, even IF scientifically possible, should be left alone.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If we completely believe this than our open border policy may be correct. I feel for those poor that are striving for a better life. I am first generation in this country. But I am against open borders.
    That analogy isn’t as cut and dry but understand your point.

We must filter criminals from getting in. A lengthy task but it must be done.

beswart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    Palestine,TX
    As more and more people resettle to Texas, we seem to inch closer and closer to going Blue. Is anyone else thinking that bringing R v W back to the forefront, it risks engaging more and more swings to the liberal side, ultimately pushing Texas to flip? I've been having more and more political conversations with people who I never felt were political before. Will that translate to the polls?
    I asked a lefty friend of mine why she and others want to ban AR's. Her reply was because they are killing our babies. Now she up in arms over R v W being overturned. It aint about guns, it's about control!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    When it comes to people that actually make a difference in an election, I don’t think those swing voters are one issue voters.

Ds would have to flip eight House seats, two Senate seats & the Lite Gov, AND elect Beto for there to be much change in Texas.

I just don’t see that likely as O&G, immigration, and the economy are likely more important topics to swing voters at the state level.

What I think is more likely is a couple of Texas R seats in the US House get flipped. Tony Gonzales’ CD23 seat being one of them. Rs are pissed at him over the gun control bill vote and he’s not from around here. The D candidate is local, hispanic, veteran (USMC), Catholic who’s anti-2A and pro choice. Gonzales’ only saving grace is redistricting has made his district a little stronger as an R district.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    That analogy isn’t as cut and dry but understand your point.

We must filter criminals from getting in. A lengthy task but it must be done.
    It's supposed to not allow people who come here to be a burden or detrimental to the health of our Republic and preserve our sovereignty.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom