Guns International

Does the death of the AWB equal the end of the buying frenzy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glick88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    With the defeat of the most recent sorry attempt of a assualt weapons ban/ gun control bill (VERY PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN BTW!!!!). Do you think this gun buying, ammo grabbing, price gouging fenzy is done and over?

I've been super busy with work lately. SO, Ive only been able to check out retail stock in my area from a glance while making atrip to academy and while online. I havent had a chance to really get a good scope of the market since the bill was killed but from the little I've seen the availability of firearms is becoming more and more. Ammo still seems bare. From what I've seen online as far as prices both private and retail the gouging is around 50% what it was a few months ago. How are things in your neck of the woods?

I know that the Obama Regime as vowed that gun control legislation will pass, do you think things will eventually mellow out again or are we just seeing the calm before another politically fueled storm? I for one cant wait for the days that you can go to walmart and pick up a box of bulk 22lr and 9mm without having to fight your way through crowd of scared cattle. then again, all these rumors about homeland security buying up ammo has a tendency to cause people to start asking the age old question "WHAT IN DA H-E-(double hockey sticks)?!?".:confused:

what are your thoughts/ predictions on the future of the firearm market?
    Target Sports

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've seen ARs in stock locally at reasonable prices. AKs are still going for stupid prices. Ammo is way easier to buy than firearms so the guns might come back but ammo won't until people stop feeding the flippers.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Ive seen AR's back on the shelf at Academy.

I think ammo will take longer to get back to normal. There are too many get rich quick d-bags that think they can flip ammo at gun shows, and too many new to guns that are dumb enough to buy overpriced crap.

JP67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    I have seen AR prices coming back down and ammo starting to show back up at normal prices around here in Houston.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Don't worry, OZippy will figure something out to go after firearms again soon enough. Heck, Joe the Bumbler is saying that 4 Senators are saying they've changed their minds and want gun control brought up again in the Senate.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Prices are starting to ease, but doubtful they will be at pre panic levels anytime soon.....ammo is starting to get a little better (at least for us)...

But don't worry, the Prez has not given up on gun control and we will have another spike in prices and more shortages soon..........

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The frenzy might ease off a little but with Pinkie (Harry Reid) stating that he'll get the gun control legislation reproposed (as well as him supporting another AWB), the panic buying and flipper buying isn't over yet. What pisses me off about that douchebag is that in every letter he sends out to his constituents (we Nevadans) he always makes the point that he's a gun owner and supports our Second Amendment rights. Second Amendment supporter my ass. My only hope is that Nevada voters pull their heads out of their asses when he comes up for reelection in 2016 and shitcans this asshole.

Top Bottom