• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Couple of months ago I purchased a NAA mini revolver.
    The skeletonized hammer broke so I took the gun apart to remove the broken hammer.
    Inside the action is a very tiny L shaped hand spring. Its fine as a hair and about 1/2in long.
    So I contacted NAA about getting a new hammer. The CS rep said the warranty was voided when I took the gun apart.
    After a few weeks I decided to heck with it and ordered a new hammer. It soon arrived. As I was trying to re-assemble, the tiny hand spring jumped out and was lost in the carpet. I even got down on hands and knees, cheater glasses on, scouring that carpet. Nothing.
    Well crap. Another visit to NAA website with credit card in hand and new hand springs were on the way. AH HA! I said I will buy several so if I lose another I can still proceed and get the gun back up and running.
    The new springs arrived and the gun went back together. It is now running like a champ.

A few weeks or so went by and a small manila envelope arrived in the mail. Inside was a new hammer and a couple of hand springs!
    Y Carumba! Free parts! VERY NICE NAA. I thought I was S.o.L. on the warranty deal.

Wait.
    It gets better.
    Tonight I was working at my desk and dropped my key ring on the floor. As I went to pick them up what do I see?
    Why the long lost hand spring!
    Now I haz SIX hand springs!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And if I hadn't PAID for the first replacement parts I'd still have a broken gun. BWAHAHAHAHA.................
    Lynx Defense

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ever drop one of those little c-clamps that attach to the dust cover / eject port cover rod on an AR? Same deal, no chance of getting it back fom the carpet jungle.
    Sorry for the hijack, just made me think of that....better to have too many spare parts than not enough.

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    Ever drop one of those little c-clamps that attach to the dust cover / eject port cover rod on an AR? Same deal, no chance of getting it back fom the carpet jungle.
    Sorry for the hijack, just made me think of that....better to have too many spare parts than not enough.

Not to further the hijack but after reading this I had to mention that those little c clips can be found at your local auto parts store if it ever happens again. Also the detent spring for the buffer is bad about "jumping" out and disappearing across the room while removing the buffer tube. If that happens the spring from a Bic type click pen works perfectly.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Re-staked a plunger tube on a 1911 this weekend and only launched that little spring 6 times trying to put it back together!

I lost a spring once and spent 4 hours cleaning the garage before I found it. Then spent another couple of hours putting everything away again. I did get rid of a lot of bug carcasses and spent primers and such.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Not to further the hijack but after reading this I had to mention that those little c clips can be found at your local auto parts store if it ever happens again. Also the detent spring for the buffer is bad about "jumping" out and disappearing across the room while removing the buffer tube. If that happens the spring from a Bic type click pen works perfectly.

Thanks for the tip. I tried my local hardware store, they had a couple that were close but no there. Auto parts store didn't occur to me.

Top Bottom