• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    If the leak started after replacing the valve cover gaskets, I'd start by checking the torque on the bolts on the valve covers. A couple of loose bolts will cause the new gasket to leak. If you didn't tighten them all down again after you got some miles on them, it's worth checking them now.

Well both sides of the engine were leaking before the repair. Afterwards, it just smoked up on the drivers side.

Update as of today (Thursday), I let it idle for 10 minutes and no smoke. Idk if it was a fluke. For the record, I did go on a 300 mile road trip on Sunday. (The day before I made this post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    If you did not pressure wash before changing the gaskets oil from the previous leak probably ran down on the manifold when the engine got hot. Quit after there was no more left to drip down on the hot exhaust.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    If you did not pressure wash before changing the gaskets oil from the previous leak probably ran down on the manifold when the engine got hot. Quit after there was no more left to drip down on the hot exhaust.

I didn’t wash it afterwards but I did use degreaser beforehand and I let all the oil burn off after the repair.
    I’ll use some “Gunk” next week and update this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom