DK Firearms

Does TX have real estate license reciprocity?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ducati

Gym, Tan, Laundry
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2021
    San Diego
    I am eligible to take my CA real estate exam and wanted to know if having the CA license eliminates any prerequisites for the TX licensing process
    Gun Zone Deals

• Haha
    Reactions: Eli

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Nope.
    They’re state-specific.

It’s super easy.
    If you take an online school, I recommend Champions.

The practice exams are basically the same as the actuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    When taking the Texas exam, you have the National test and the State test. National exam should be the same as California National exam, just have to worry about the State exam.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I am a ex Californian and would consider my values and Conservatism 100X better than a large number of Texans

Sorry your all Californians are bad is total BS.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I am eligible to take my CA real estate exam and wanted to know if having the CA license eliminates any prerequisites for the TX licensing process
    The fact that you asked this question indicates that you should study your CA license requirements. NO you must pass the Texas version AND some areas require an internship.

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    The fact that you asked this question indicates that you should study your CA license requirements. NO you must pass the Texas version AND some areas require an internship.
    What areas require this?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I don’t believe an internship is a current requirement.

(I just got my TX/Collin County RE license in January).

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    What areas require this?

Clarification, I should have said states not areas, Washington state requires six months affiliation with a licensed broker after completion of a certified 60 hour course and passing the state exam prior to getting your real estate license

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Clarification, I should have said states not areas, Washington state requires six months affiliation with a licensed broker after completion of a certified 60 hour course and passing the state exam prior to getting your real estate license
    Okay, but thought we were discussing Texas, as there is no internship required for licensing purposes. Your Broker require something to work there, but that would be it.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I am a ex Californian and would consider my values and Conservatism 100X better than a large number of Texans

Sorry your all Californians are bad is total BS.
    Cali Libs flocking to Austin and Dallas is a real thing
    People do tend to think since their bad ideas didn't work in Cali
    they might work in Texas.
    Take it from a guy that grew up in So. Cal. It won't fly here but people can screw up quite a bit before they understand this. If you hang here you may be OK but you are one of many. And if you bunch in Austin you may just love the stupid dim0crap ways of Austin. Austin San Antonio Houston and DFW should not be confused with Texas.
    My area is Houston and it was overrun in the late 70's by Michigan and ruined

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Cali Libs flocking to Austin and Dallas is a real thing
    People do tend to think since their bad ideas didn't work in Cali
    they might work in Texas.
    Take it from a guy that grew up in So. Cal. It won't fly here but people can screw up quite a bit before they understand this. If you hang here you may be OK but you are one of many. And if you bunch in Austin you may just love the stupid dim0crap ways of Austin. Austin San Antonio Houston and DFW should not be confused with Texas.
    My area is Houston and it was overrun in the late 70's by Michigan and ruined

And you make my point perfectly.

Other than the major shit hole big population center in California. Most of rural California is Conservative.

Where I grew up In rural Cali it was a lot like this area in Texas was when I got here 13 years ago.

Now with education centers churning out liberal Texans by the hundreds of thousands each year for the last decade many of them are reaching voter age. That my friend is biggest threat to your way of life in Tx.

But hey you can keep blaming All California trans plants for the problems of this state if it makes you feel better.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Pretty much every major metro area is or is starting to become left leaning.
    Rural counties/towns not nearly as bad.

And as we all know the metros usually control the way of the state.

IOW unless ALOT of Texans make some voting changes and or go vote we (TX) will be CA light in less than 10yrs.

Hopefully we “real Texans” keep that from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Texas has 2 licenses, Broker and Salesperson. A Salesperson has to work for a Broker, and it takes years to get a Broker license - and when you're eligible or a Broker license, the Texas Real Estate Commission will change the rules so you aren't eligible.
    I wonder if they argue about Texas LTC requirements over on the TX Real Estate message board.
    No, but a lot of Realtor boards encourage getting your LTC for protection!

Eli

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Texas has 2 licenses, Broker and Salesperson. A Salesperson has to work for a Broker, and it takes years to get a Broker license - and when you're eligible or a Broker license, the Texas Real Estate Commission will change the rules so you aren't eligible.

Pretty common across all states

Top Bottom