• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    My husband and I are TX residents, he is active duty Navy. When we were stationed in WA ('04-'06) we both got our CCP as WA residents (as Military are allowed to do). We are now in JP and are moving back to the States soon. I do not have a TX CHL but plan on taking the class soon after landing, then I begin 'the wait'. Law permitting, I plan on using my WA permit to carry in the interim time while in TX.

Finally to my long winded question:
    Does Texas recognize my WA CCP? I have seen conflicting information, otherwise I'm a firm believer in "do a search" or "Google". This time I need some confirmation I'm understanding correctly.

Is the TX DPS site the most recent and accurate information? Am I understanding correctly, according to this page of the TX AG site ?

Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection

This tells me that as of "November 18, 2005 Washington - Unilateral Proclamation" that TX does recognize a WA permit, correct?

I'd absolute hate to find out the hard way that I was misinformed or misunderstood.
    Venture Surplus ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Did you see this note?

November 18, 2005​
    Washington
    Note: Effective immediately, Governor Perry has issued a proclamation that allows persons with concealed handgun licenses from Washington to legally carry in Texas. Washington license holders will be required to follow Texas law while carrying in this state. This proclamation is unilateral and is not a reciprocal agreement. Texas concealed handgun license holders will not be allowed to carry in Washington.

Yes, the DPS website is THE definitive source for information.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It appears that Texas honors Washington permits, but Washington does not honor theirs.
    Yeah,that's what I was thinking it was. I believe the above is due to an age restriction difference between Tx and Wa...18 vs 21

txinvestigator, yup, that's exactly the note I needed confirmed. Thank you. I'll keep DPS on my bookmarks for reference.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Yeah,that's what I was thinking it was. I believe the above is due to an age restriction difference between Tx and Wa...18 vs 21

txinvestigator, yup, that's exactly the note I needed confirmed. Thank you. I'll keep DPS on my bookmarks for reference.

Age in Texas to get a CHL is 21. If Washington is 18, then it's a non-issue.

Several states don't reciprocate to Texas. Who knows why.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    TX allows discharged military (honorable) to CHL at 18. WA doesn't recognize anyone under 21 to be permited. Even though the issuing state is the lower age, WA isn't req'd to recognize it.

DILLON1980

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Houston
    Why do several states not reciprocate Texas CHL ? Is it because Texas is the only state that still reserves the right to secede from the Union?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Why do several states not reciprocate Texas CHL ? Is it because Texas is the only state that still reserves the right to secede from the Union?

Some of it is due to the age restrictions and differences in state statutes in regards to when a person may purchase/possess a firearm. (18 or 21/ military etc)

Morgan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    DFW
    Yeah, it bothers some states that we allow 18, 19 and 20 year old military people to get their TX license. Sad that they'll enjoy the freedoms of a country protected by young men and women who risk their lives for their country, but won't allow them to protect themselves on the streets of our nation.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

Texas can't secede from the union...that was made clear in 1865.:banghead:

I do agree that those that have served dont get the rights they deserve when they get back home.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom