Hurley's Gold

Doesn't ANYBODY sell .410 2 1/2" "00" Buckshot???!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I can only find "000" with only 3 pellets.....and #4s
    But want "00" for my Taurus Judge....doesn't ANYONE on the web sell it??

Only 3 pellets in "000" seems like not enough to get a close, but good pattern with a few more pellets, AND with knockdown power too.

I was thinking that "00" (being slightly smaller shot) would have 5 or 6 pellets..No?
    Doesn't ANYONE on the web sell it??
    HELP, Please!
    ARJ Defense ad

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I'm coming to believe you are right, idleprocess.
    Three .22 size pellets in "000", is no real stopping power from short 2 1/2" shells.

The latest NRA Rifleman magazine features the JUDGE on the cover...and speaks of the new version taking full 3" shells (which would hold slightly more of a load) and equiped with a laser. I wish I'd known it was coming...I would have waited for it.

Yes, the .45 Colt round (especially in hollowpoint)is a whappingly good stopper! I wish the Judge was smooth bored, instead of, as they say, "somewhat rifled". That would put 64 #4 shot pellets into a small patern, and also be a good stopper.

I plan to use mostly .45 Colt ammo in mine. In fact, I'm using "Cowboy Loads" on no jacket, olny lead...to hopefully negate some of the rifling, then try #4 shot again.

Thanks

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yes, the .45 Colt round (especially in hollowpoint)is a whappingly good stopper! I wish the Judge was smooth bored, instead of, as they say, "somewhat rifled". That would put 64 #4 shot pellets into a small patern, and also be a good stopper.

I plan to use mostly .45 Colt ammo in mine. In fact, I'm using "Cowboy Loads" on no jacket, olny lead...to hopefully negate some of the rifling, then try #4 shot again.

If it was smooth bore you'd never stabilize the heavy .45 LC rounds. They'd keyhole and whizz off target at 10 yards.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Thanks Guys.

Yes, I know the shot is contained in a plastic cup until exiting the barrel.
    But the rifling spins that cup (and therefor, the shot after leaving the muzzle) to a wide, wide, wide pattern(about 3 feet wide), even at a 5 foot target distance.

I's hoping the shot pellet pattern would be Much Tighter at that range...maybe 8"

Oh well, it is an awesome .45 long Colt platform.

dS

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Yes, I know the shot is contained in a plastic cup until exiting the barrel.
    But the rifling spins that cup (and therefor, the shot after leaving the muzzle) to a wide, wide, wide pattern(about 3 feet wide), even at a 5 foot target distance.

Sure that's just the rifling and not the short barrel? I have a pump-action 12 ga with 18.5" and 28" barrels and the 18.5" barrel is useless for traps even at really close ranges - the shot scatters too fast. There is no choke on either barrel.

Top Bottom