• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    On the way to the shooting range with my 15 year old daughter this morning it was disclosed to me the following conversation took place between her and her "friend" Zac:

Zac: Anything I should now about your Dad before I meet him?

Mathilde: He is very protective, very conservative, and loves his guns.

Zac: Should I be scared?

I guess I am doing something right. I could not have had a better response.

Sent from an undisclosed location.
    Venture Surplus ad

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I raised three daughters who I can virtually guarantee were still virgins AFTER Prom night. It's all about terrifying the heck out of the boys who come sniffin' around your girls, limiting opportunities for liaisons, and instilling a sense of self-worth and morality in your girls.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    So here is my little rant and hope I don't completely derail this.

I've heard a lot in the last two decades about the importance of a father in the home if you have boys. Boys actually have to be taught how to be men. It is not actually in our DNA. We may be predisposed to certain activities or behaviors, but learning the art of manliness is something to be passed down from father to son. There is a lot of pop-psy out there that tries to refute this but ultimately it always comes back to the importance of a father in a son's life.

However, more recently they've started to discover that fathers are an important in a daughter's life, just in a different way. While few fathers are equipped to turn their daughters into proper ladies, the role of a father seems to be more closely tied to instilling a sense of self value and dignity in their daughter. I might have that somewhat off, it's been awhile since I've read the research. What it boils down to though is the whole issue with girls having "daddy issues" ending up promiscuous is partly due to their need to have some kind of male approval and since they didn't get it from their dads they seek it elsewhere. Of course, what is the easiest way to get male approval from someone who is not related to you?

Furthermore, potential mates SHOULD be fearful of a father figure. Your job is to protect them and any smart male will realize this and behave appropriately. That doesn't mean you have to make all suitors break out into flop sweat, but the smart ones will be respectful to the father knowing that the father's instincts tend to favor making sure no one finds the body later.

Popular culture has been denigrating fathers for decades, but their role after birth is every bit as important as the mother's. We tend to laud motherhood and praise single moms, but dads are derided. That's a shame because they are actually important in the development of children.

Though all of this is easy for me to say having been married for 20 years and having only boys.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    So here is my little rant and hope I don't completely derail this.

I've heard a lot in the last two decades about the importance of a father in the home if you have boys. Boys actually have to be taught how to be men. It is not actually in our DNA. We may be predisposed to certain activities or behaviors, but learning the art of manliness is something to be passed down from father to son. There is a lot of pop-psy out there that tries to refute this but ultimately it always comes back to the importance of a father in a son's life.

However, more recently they've started to discover that fathers are an important in a daughter's life, just in a different way. While few fathers are equipped to turn their daughters into proper ladies, the role of a father seems to be more closely tied to instilling a sense of self value and dignity in their daughter. I might have that somewhat off, it's been awhile since I've read the research. What it boils down to though is the whole issue with girls having "daddy issues" ending up promiscuous is partly due to their need to have some kind of male approval and since they didn't get it from their dads they seek it elsewhere. Of course, what is the easiest way to get male approval from someone who is not related to you?

Furthermore, potential mates SHOULD be fearful of a father figure. Your job is to protect them and any smart male will realize this and behave appropriately. That doesn't mean you have to make all suitors break out into flop sweat, but the smart ones will be respectful to the father knowing that the father's instincts tend to favor making sure no one finds the body later.

Popular culture has been denigrating fathers for decades, but their role after birth is every bit as important as the mother's. We tend to laud motherhood and praise single moms, but dads are derided. That's a shame because they are actually important in the development of children.

Though all of this is easy for me to say having been married for 20 years and having only boys.

True. Many boys grow up and have no clue what a "man" should be like because they never had a true example set for them. I have all girls, and damn straight I have taught them and showed them how a man should act and treat them.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I expect my daughters to find a man that treats them like I treat their mother. I expect my boy to treat women like he sees me treat his mother. That puts me under immense pressure to watch what I say and how I treat not just my wife, but all women — the way it should be.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Loves does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    +1

With girls, you have to worry about all the dicks of the world. With boys, you only have to worry about one.

-PAK-
    My barber told me that when my first of four daughters was born.

I could've gone my whole life without that thought.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    My barber told me that when my first of four daughters was born.

I could've gone my whole life without that thought.

Not sure who told me that. I agree though. I just pray that if the Good Lord gives me a daughter or two someday He'll also give me the strength and patience to be a good dad.

-PAK-

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I expect my daughters to find a man that treats them like I treat their mother. I expect my boy to treat women like he sees me treat his mother. That puts me under immense pressure to watch what I say and how I treat not just my wife, but all women — the way it should be.

1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Loves does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    Goalllllllll yes sir, my two girls (step) had them when they were 6-8 they expect the same from their men as I love their mom

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Good thread...Great Posts :)

I agree with Java about the portrayal, as of late, of fathers. In many instances, we are either seen as unnecessary, moronic or just another child the mother has to take care of. Perhaps that is coming from the children of divorce and separation having certain marketing/entertainment jobs.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I hope my kids learn a good deal from me and my wife in the way we interact with each other.
    I hope they learned that when people have a toxic relationship, to get out of it from me and their mother.
    Most importantly, I hope they grow up to thankful and happy people.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    On the way to the shooting range with my 15 year old daughter this morning it was disclosed to me the following conversation took place between her and her "friend" Zac:

Zac: Anything I should now about your Dad before I meet him?

Mathilde: He is very protective, very conservative, and loves his guns.

Zac: Should I be scared?

I guess I am doing something right. I could not have had a better response.

The first boy toy my daughter introduced to she surprised us by introducing him outside the car (from the wife's side) when we drove up to pick her up from lazertag. She told me later she did it in public so I wouldn't just immediately break him in half.

The next one I just showed a target she had shot out with her favorite pistol. Don't be afraid of me, she's the one who's gonna hurt you...:fireworks:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    There is a young lady who works in our NOC.....I would put her in her late twenties.....who is what I would call every father's worst nightmare of what their daughters could be. She has five children from three different men, never been married, and when her boyfriend demands it, she has threesomes with his friends....that is when he isn't in jail or screwing his other girlfriend. Her van was repossessed at work and she was recently evicted from her apartment when she couldn't pay her rent because someone drains her bank account....an event which coincides with her boyfriend disappearing weekends every now and then. Once, when she threatened to confront her boyfriend's girlfriend, her tires were mysteriously slashed. How do I know all this you ask? She endlessly moans about her woes from her cubicle. Oh, yes, her father abandoned her family when she was young. Fathers, take note!

Top Bottom