• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Don't you hate it when you go to an extremely busy and crowded H-E-B on a beautiful Saturday afternoon right after you finished walking your dog with your lovely bride, and leave your wife and dog in the car because you just want to run in real fast and grab some licorice because you're jonesing for a bite of licorice. And as you're going quickly because you don't want to waste your wife's time, you have to move around the barbecue grills and fire pits, and Adirondack chairs that are directly in front of the front door and as you're clipping along briskly you breach the threshold and because you bought slip on shoes a year ago that had to be a size too big because of your foot surgery and swollen foot that's not swollen as bad anymore, and as you're moving with real purpose somehow your feet get tangled up and you start to fall forward with pretty significant velocity. And then you try to move faster to get in front of it all the while, thinking that maybe maybe you can get your feet back underneath you which only causes you to pinwheel forward even faster, and after traveling about 20 feet you ultimately fly through the air and smash on the ground at the same time both your shoes fly off your feet behind you. And I know you hate it too when you look around from the ground as you're putting your still concealed pistol back in its holster that there's a group of no less than 20 people standing around looking at you and a couple of them asked if you're OK, and then you just have to skip the moaning and immediate bodily inventory piece and get up to get the hell out of there because you look like a total wreck. So you start laughing maniacally while a store manager walks over to you asking what happened and if you are hurt. And then the only thing you have to say is that nothing is hurt but your pride and she's looking around trying to see what you tripped on or slipped on and you have to reassure her that there was nothing there and that you tripped on your self. And you walk the 15 or so feet to your your shoes that are lying essentially like they were pulled off your feet and thrown behind you. So you limp away like Quasimodo with both knees, your right shoulder, right elbow, your back and right hip painfully slowing you down. And then you walk through the store toward the licorice aisle, laughing and shaking your head. And you get your licorice, making it over to the checkout lane continuing to laugh only harder now and people are looking at you clearly concerned or scared. Wondering what's wrong with you or if you're drunk or insane. And then you quickly limp out of the store past the flower shop guy who along with about 20 other people, most of them teenagers, not eight minutes before, saw you pinwheeling past the Valentines Day display only to end in a sock-footed sprawling 300lb heap on the concrete floor. Don't you hate it when that happens? I know I do.
    ARJ Defense ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Thumbs-Up-Gif.gif

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm not there yet... Hope you aren't badly hurt, or hurt too much tomorrow.

I was really expecting a rant about hpw long the lines were and how walked out without your licorice... I only shop HEB weekdays.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Don't you hate it when you go to an extremely busy and crowded H-E-B on a beautiful Saturday afternoon right after you finished walking your dog with your lovely bride, and leave your wife and dog in the car because you just want to run in real fast and grab some licorice because you're jonesing for a bite of licorice. And as you're going quickly because you don't want to waste your wife's time, you have to move around the barbecue grills and fire pits, and Adirondack chairs that are directly in front of the front door and as you're clipping along briskly you breach the threshold and because you bought slip on shoes a year ago that had to be a size too big because of your foot surgery and swollen foot that's not swollen as bad anymore, and as you're moving with real purpose somehow your feet get tangled up and you start to fall forward with pretty significant velocity. And then you try to move faster to get in front of it all the while, thinking that maybe maybe you can get your feet back underneath you which only causes you to pinwheel forward even faster, and after traveling about 20 feet you ultimately fly through the air and smash on the ground at the same time both your shoes fly off your feet behind you. And I know you hate it too when you look around from the ground as you're putting your still concealed pistol back in its holster that there's a group of no less than 20 people standing around looking at you and a couple of them asked if you're OK, and then you just have to skip the moaning and immediate bodily inventory piece and get up to get the hell out of there because you look like a total wreck. So you start laughing maniacally while a store manager walks over to you asking what happened and if you are hurt. And then the only thing you have to say is that nothing is hurt but your pride and she's looking around trying to see what you tripped on or slipped on and you have to reassure her that there was nothing there and that you tripped on your self. And you walk the 15 or so feet to your your shoes that are lying essentially like they were pulled off your feet and thrown behind you. So you limp away like Quasimodo with both knees, your right shoulder, right elbow, your back and right hip painfully slowing you down. And then you walk through the store toward the licorice aisle, laughing and shaking your head. And you get your licorice, making it over to the checkout lane continuing to laugh only harder now and people are looking at you clearly concerned or scared. Wondering what's wrong with you or if you're drunk or insane. And then you quickly limp out of the store past the flower shop guy who along with about 20 other people, most of them teenagers, not eight minutes before, saw you pinwheeling past the Valentines Day display only to end in a sock-footed sprawling 300lb heap on the concrete floor. Don't you hate it when that happens? I know I do.

Nah....that doesn't seem likely. I wouldn't worry about it.....

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Bill,

Your delightful telling of your story is at least fun for others to read about, even if you feel like you've been in a car accident.

Your story reminds of when I taught myself how to in-line skate...I looked like a comedy act with all of my slips, falls and windmilling arms...funny for others to witness, just kinda painful to experience...

So like we used to say in the 60's: I can relate

Top Bottom