I can get behind this. Thoughts?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Too many years invested to just give up on the NRA....been VERY active in voicing my displeasure with WLP and current leadership by not giving $$ .....I think it's worth saving, but not until WLP and his cronies are gone.......which may be never......

I don't know enough about Don Jr. to have an opinion about the story.....

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Went to the NRA annual conference in Dallas a couple years ago. My neighbor and I were talking to the folks in a booth when we noticed a small, odd crowd at the booth next to us. A second glance revealed that these were security people - like Secret Service, with ear pieces and such. They moved on just as we moved to that booth. Turned out the booth had a table and chairs in it and Don Jr. asked if he could use it to meet with someone. Of course, the vendor let him. He sat with a couple of guys, talked over something, then politely thanked the vendor and left.

I'm sort of neutral on Don Jr. I understand he wants to play politics, and he certainly couldn't do worse than Wayne Lapierre. But I'd rather have someone who got involved because he loved the Second Amendment instead of someone who just wants to be in the game.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Don jr might not be bad but I would rather see someone like Kim Rhode who is actually taking progressives to court over gun rights violation lead the organization. We need fighters not politicians.

p230

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    I would say the Trump name is not going to carry the weight it used too. I would think Rhodesia would be a good choice as well. I’m a NRA Lifer so I would definitely like to see it come back...Wayne has to go though.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm not opposed to the guy. I'm opposed to the name. The NRA, even when it's laid down and not fought anything, has at least had the reputation of having a large lobby and voting block of supporters that many congressmen have been scared of.

I think congressmen would be more willing to go against the Trump name.

Either way, I'm done financially supporting the NRA until WLP is gone. After he leaves, I'll consider upgrading my lifetime membership.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    So the NRA has list a lot of prestige with that whole fraud thing, now we are talking about putting the Trump name behind it to bring back its credibility. Yeah that’s a good idea.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Not sending them any money but not cancelling my membership either.

Hopefully changes are made and they start doing what they're supposed to do.

Last time they called I told them not to bother until Wayne was gone or it was time to exercise our rights.
    I have been a Life member since the 60's. I cannot give up on them yet. They saved my bacon on more than one occasion. It is easy to run afoul of the anti-gun Demoncraps in The people's Republic of Illinois. The ILA came to my rescue and I was amazed. Just sayin'....
    However I really do not know how to react if and when Biden's Gestapo comes to my door. Probably the same way as when we had "zips" coming through the wire at Quang Tri.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I have been a Life member since the 60's. I cannot give up on them yet. They saved my bacon on more than one occasion. It is easy to run afoul of the anti-gun Demoncraps in The people's Republic of Illinois. The ILA came to my rescue and I was amazed. Just sayin'....
    However I really do not know how to react if and when Biden's Gestapo comes to my door. Probably the same way as when we had "zips" coming through the wire at Quang Tri.

Top Bottom