• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Idiotic, and I agree with McCain that this was done by "elite liberals with no military experience for pushing their social agenda on troops during wartime."

In the 111th Congress there are only 120 members who have served in the military, six fewer than in the 110th Congress. The House has 95 veterans (including one Delegate); the Senate 25.

There has been a steady decline in the number of veterans in Congress. For example, in the 96th Congress (1979-1981) there were 298 veterans (240 Representatives, 58 Senators); and in the 91st Congress (1969-1971) there were 398 veterans (329 Representatives, 69 Senators) (Source).

From that same source, "Law" is the dominant declared profession of Senators, followed by public service/politics. For Representatives, public service/politics is first, followed by business and law. In other words, Congress is full of lawyers and professional politicians!

I don't have anything against gays and lesbians serving, but I know firsthand the problems that arise from them doing so openly. This will cause problems, and shouldn't have been a priority while we have man and women in uniform serving in combat zones without a defense budget.

About the only reason this got pushed is because Obama's campaign promises. I do expect a lot of backlash, as he is only serving a small minority at the cost of a much greater majority!

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I would be willing to bet that most gays in the military could care less if you know they are gay or not..I think it's more about the homo's on the outside, and in DC just trying to push there agenda's on the rest of us... I could be wrong, but as I recall I served with a few, and they kept there life style separate from there service to this country. I don't approve of that life style, but I don't approve of a lot of things.. This was a stupid move to push this at a time when they need to be concentrating on bigger issues that affect way more of America... just my .02... carry on...

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    A military unit needs to be cohesive to complete there mission. So tell me how this can be good? I think will see lawsuits by former soldiers that were released because of their so called orientation. I also believe you will see some enlist just to openly flaunt it, then being release citing other concerns. You will also see some that don't qualify for the military for other reasons and cite this as the real reason and again file suit. Yep we have opened a can of worms with this one.

Personally I perfered sharing my foxhole not with someone telling me how "gay" they are, I don't go telling how straight I am. Yes I have friends that are gay and it seems that's all they talk about, trying to influence others to lifestyle. I could go on but you get the idea.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I was on other boards all day yesterday and the liberals were in a frenzy, high fives, fist bumping, foaming at the mouth, filled with "gay" pride. Most had never served but even a few said they served and supported this.

It's going to be a fiasco but the majority of them just don't care. To me all it amounts to is a WIN for Obummer, no matter if it's Open Gays in the Military or a coin toss. The outgoing congressmen and senators, whizzed because they will lose their majority, just HAD to show the country that they can do SOMETHING, even if it hairlips the Pope. Whatever the Repugs supported, they would do the opposite.

Why should they care who this affects, they won't be serving in the military. But it will garner a few more democrat votes over on the Left Coast.

I bet over in San Fran yesterday, the Transvestites were slapping butts and lip kissing all day. Or the other way around.

vietboy1st

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Boston,Mass
    i don't care if they are gay or not as long as they don't touch me because if they do . i would kick them in the face so they can get the gayness out of their head. :D. But if i don't like that person, i will just walk away.

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This puts pressure on leaders and commanders when moving a less productive or less effective troop out of the main line. Every military unit has unadvertised jobs like tool crib monitor, supply locker monitor and so on. When you have a less effective individual that you want to take out of the main line, you put them in these jobs to make room for a more effective person. It done not because of race, religion, sex or age but for unit effectiveness and mission accomplishment. Commanders already have to walk on eggshells now when this happens due to race, religon, sex and age rules, like the private sector. This just adds another bag of eggshells to dance around when you need to shuffle your troops around to meet the mission.

I didn't ask, so don't tell. I like that!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I served with gays in the Army and i know several gays in all branches. They do the job just like the rest of us. I had no problem with any of them that i served with and most of them were better shots and better at hand to hand that alot of the straight men in the unit. As long as they didnt make advances on us straight men we didnt have any problems.

Top Bottom