• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    ...if he's not into pistols. Here's the story:

So I go to Academy today today to buy that Canik I've been looking at for a while. I run into a guy I used to work with and I mention I'm going to buy a pistol and he says, "Wanna buy mine?" He has my interest so I ask some questions. His dad bought him a Stoeger for his birthday Monday. He sees no use in having a pistol (fudd) and would rather have the cash to put toward a hunting rifle. I ask to see this pistol, assuming it's a used Cougar.

Here it is:
    20190510_132531.jpg
    20190510_132520.jpg

I offered him $200 for it. I don't normally buy a pistol without researching it a little beforehand but I figure I can get my money back if I don't like it. I get home and start my research and find almost nothing on this pistol besides the magazine not dropping free on some of the very first pistols made. This one drops free and overall feels like a solid gun. The checkering on the back strap is very aggressive, but the grip is nice and fits my hand very well. The internals look almost exactly like a gen 3 Glock. The gun reminds me of a Glock with a little bit of Sar9 and M&P influence. The slide serrations are VERY deep and aggressively cut. As soon as my shooting range dries up I'll get some shooting in and see if this pistol is actually any good. My initial impression is that it's well made.

Guess the Canik will have to wait a month now.

Attachments

• 20190510_132531.jpg
      20190510_132531.jpg
      878.6 KB · Views: 858
    • 20190510_132520.jpg
      20190510_132520.jpg
      882.2 KB · Views: 869
    • 20190510_132703.jpg
      20190510_132703.jpg
      918.1 KB · Views: 295

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Saw a quickie, table top review of this on YouTube a while back. Not a fan of Stoeger after the supposed "warranty" work they did for me years ago on I had a pistol I had. But this one actually looked promising.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    A Father buying his son a gift, even though a firearm, is illegal even if said son is 21 or older?

This is not a disputation - It's a question.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My dad never gave me a gun, rather had me earn the money to buy what I wanted. My dad did not own any guns. I think it was WWII that made not want one. He did not have a problem with his kids owning them. Only gun he ever owned was the H&K 4 I gave when I told him I thought it was a good idea to own a gun being a lone old man.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My dad never gave me a gun, rather had me earn the money to buy what I wanted. My dad did not own any guns. I think it was WWII that made not want one. He did not have a problem with his kids owning them. Only gun he ever owned was the H&K 4 I gave when I told him I thought it was a good idea to own a gun being a lone old man.

My Dad was in Vietnam. I think he has similar feelings as your father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom