• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Thanks.

It is all disheartening. The way people act over money and property with no regard to lifetime relationships is criminal. In our case the money needed to find and recover what had then become dirty and unwanted cash n stuff just wasnt worth it nor really an option. Not wanting to be "those greedy relatives" the family waited too long hoping the exec wasnt doing what she did. Damage done and the lesson was priceless. I made sure all the kids were fully aware of the BS. That's not usually something you see till your an adult so I wanted them to understand just how not worth it such things are.

I've got 4 kids. One a senior in HS next year one in college and 2 adults. Their relationships are more important so we figured they need to know not to attach such value to material crap. When we're gone they only have each other as a foundation for their future. That lesson and the behavior brought into the light is satisfying enough.

At this point the 2 surviving sisters, the wifes mom and aunt, are too old to mess with it and the wife and I wont act like her aunt and cousin did over money. When it's gone the cousin will be alone and broke. Family destroyed, money gone, damage done.

Ones integrity and values are worth much more than the short term gain of some cash.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom