don't get pregnant

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by DCortez, Dec 21, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'll admit, I'm a pig. I do not like women in the military to begin with.

A top US commander is threatening soldiers who fall pregnant on active service with jail.

Under the new policy, troops expecting a baby face court martial and a possible prison term – and so do the men who made them pregnant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...-troops-face-prison-fall-pregnant-active.html

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This is something I never thought of, and it makes complete sense. If you are filling a role in the Army during war time and you are suddenly out of that role for 3 - 12 months, then you are leaving your unit shorthanded, and that isn't how the Army should operate.

3. Eli

Eli Well-Known

This is one of the most idiotic policies ever. I had a friend, a reservist, that got unexpectedly called up and shipped to Afghanistan. She's there two weeks and - surprise - she's late, test confirms she's pregnant. She gets shipped home. Would she be in trouble under this policy?
    This policy would not have happened under Bush, it's a pro-abortion policy.

Eli

4. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

I would think it would be okay since it was a pre-existing condition.

5. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I have to admint, I tend to agree with DC on this one. We do a lot of stupid things, as a society, to enforce the idea that men and women are the same (as opposed to equal).

Men and women aren't the same.

6. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I have no issues with women in the military but not in a front line unit but more in support roles.
    I can see this being a viable law if they become pregnant while on active duty but not as a pre-existing condition. That is just like being AWOL in a sense.
    Women can be just as tough as any man out there but mixing men and women together is a forward field environment is just asking for trouble IMO!

7. D-Day

D-Day Active Member

Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    This policy is only valid in the AOR. Whenever you go to the AOR you are briefed extensively that you aren't suppose be messing around. The unit suffers if a women inside the AOR becomes pregnant because she has to be shipped home and they are shorthanded. If she becomes pregnant at home no one cares policy wise and no one is hurt.

8. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    +1 on that.

Good luck outlawing sex. Just remove the women from the situation. Our troops don't need any distractions anyway. I have no problem with equal rights and all that, but can some things just be a mans job? Sometimes integration can be a bad thing.

We must also think of the women that get pregnant to get out of service duty. "I don't want to be here anymore, so I will just get knocked up."

9. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Well if they go after the guy too I will have to stop knockin up lovely ladies in uniform :lolz:(jk)

Back when my mom was in the Navy if a woman got pregnant out the door they went (this was well over 35 years ago).

10. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Agreed, dos pigs. The far left starting with Clinton have done everything possible to reduce standards in the military trying to make it reflect America, sorry but I want our military to have higher standards each year, but I'm extremely old fashioned. No women in combat except nurses.