Don't leave it in the car!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by Hoji, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It seems like a very large number of stolen guns I read about online in forums are stolen from vehicles. It truly amazes me that anyone who claims to be a responsible gun owner can be so.......STUPID.

I'm sorry, there is no nice way to put it, if you leave your gun in your vehicle while you : run an errand, eat dinner, think it is safe because you live in the country and have a long driveway, whatever you are at a minimum a very irresponsible gun owner, and at worst, probably too stupid to be owning firearms in the first place.

If you are out and about and encounter a business that has legal 30.06 posted, simply do not do business there. Leaving your gun in the car for some thug who might be casing the parking lot for you to put your gun under the seat is unacceptable.

If you are simply carrying a handgun in your vehicle because you can, dont make stops where you will be away from your vehicle. The spirit behind HB823 is travelling, not tooling around town with your gun in the car with you. Either carry it on your person or leave it at home.

100% of guns stolen from vehicles can be prevented.100%.

Don't be stupid people, please.

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    +1

Glad someone said it.

3. salrdav

salrdav New Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Montgomery Texas
    I work offshore and drive to South La. to the boat. I have to leave it in my truck. The other option would be to not carry and that is not an option. Bad enough I am going against company policy by having a weapon on the lot. Just saying some of the cases might be legit.

4. byrom1212

byrom1212 Member

May 1, 2008
    Greenvill,tx
    sometimes you have to leave it in the car what if you have to go in to a hospital or somewhere you cant carry then what do you do?

5. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Could always use a lockbox secured to the frame/bodywork somehow...

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Best if you can plan ahead, although not always possible. Over the years, I've heard lots of stories of guns left in vehicles overnight, only to be stolen.

7. Hoji

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    \
    BALONEY!!!

Get a storage locker with 24 hour access.Get a handgun safe that bolts to the floor of your truck. Be responsible or do not carry. You are telling me you leave your gun in the car for 2-3 weeks at a time?????

All it will take is for your gun to be stolen and used in a homicide and you put the rest of us who are responsible at risk of further erosion and infringement of our rights.

8. Hoji

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

You are kidding...right?!?!?!:mad0079::gotme::mad0071:
    If you KNOW you are going somewhere carry is prohibited, leave the damn gun at home. Carry pepper spray or a taser, but for the love of god, don't use that weak ass excuse of " I cant carry in the hospital" if you know you are going. Or as I suggested to the rig worker, spend the $100 and get a handgun safe that bolts to the floor of youre vehicle and put it there.

9. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco Well-Known

Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    "you are at a minimum a very irresponsible gun owner, and at worst, probably too stupid to be owning firearms in the first place"

My first day here and already a PompASS I don't agree with. That was a straight foward attack and condemnation.

You are under the impression folks are not locking their firearms in vehicles. I've seen thieves use bolt cutters and the latest was a friend who had a gunsafe installed in the covered bed of his pickup truck. They used an an inverter and a roto-tool to cut it open.

I think many folks make more than a resonable attempt at safe keeping when the need dictates.

No reason to say he was irresponsible or Stupid...just a victim of CRIME!

Some say "leave the gun at home"

I say, if you are going to carry, carry all the time and do your best at safe keeping.

This forum is gonna be fun.

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm tired today, and I don't have time for this. No blame, everyone just walk away peacefully. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.