• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It seems like a very large number of stolen guns I read about online in forums are stolen from vehicles. It truly amazes me that anyone who claims to be a responsible gun owner can be so.......STUPID.

I'm sorry, there is no nice way to put it, if you leave your gun in your vehicle while you : run an errand, eat dinner, think it is safe because you live in the country and have a long driveway, whatever you are at a minimum a very irresponsible gun owner, and at worst, probably too stupid to be owning firearms in the first place.

If you are out and about and encounter a business that has legal 30.06 posted, simply do not do business there. Leaving your gun in the car for some thug who might be casing the parking lot for you to put your gun under the seat is unacceptable.

If you are simply carrying a handgun in your vehicle because you can, dont make stops where you will be away from your vehicle. The spirit behind HB823 is travelling, not tooling around town with your gun in the car with you. Either carry it on your person or leave it at home.

100% of guns stolen from vehicles can be prevented.100%.

Don't be stupid people, please.
    Gun Zone Deals

salrdav

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Montgomery Texas
    I work offshore and drive to South La. to the boat. I have to leave it in my truck. The other option would be to not carry and that is not an option. Bad enough I am going against company policy by having a weapon on the lot. Just saying some of the cases might be legit.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Best if you can plan ahead, although not always possible. Over the years, I've heard lots of stories of guns left in vehicles overnight, only to be stolen.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I work offshore and drive to South La. to the boat. I have to leave it in my truck. The other option would be to not carry and that is not an option. Bad enough I am going against company policy by having a weapon on the lot. Just saying some of the cases might be legit.
    \
    BALONEY!!!

Get a storage locker with 24 hour access.Get a handgun safe that bolts to the floor of your truck. Be responsible or do not carry. You are telling me you leave your gun in the car for 2-3 weeks at a time?????

All it will take is for your gun to be stolen and used in a homicide and you put the rest of us who are responsible at risk of further erosion and infringement of our rights.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    sometimes you have to leave it in the car what if you have to go in to a hospital or somewhere you cant carry then what do you do?

You are kidding...right?!?!?!
    If you KNOW you are going somewhere carry is prohibited, leave the damn gun at home. Carry pepper spray or a taser, but for the love of god, don't use that weak ass excuse of " I cant carry in the hospital" if you know you are going. Or as I suggested to the rig worker, spend the $100 and get a handgun safe that bolts to the floor of youre vehicle and put it there.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    "you are at a minimum a very irresponsible gun owner, and at worst, probably too stupid to be owning firearms in the first place"

My first day here and already a PompASS I don't agree with. That was a straight foward attack and condemnation.

You are under the impression folks are not locking their firearms in vehicles. I've seen thieves use bolt cutters and the latest was a friend who had a gunsafe installed in the covered bed of his pickup truck. They used an an inverter and a roto-tool to cut it open.

I think many folks make more than a resonable attempt at safe keeping when the need dictates.

No reason to say he was irresponsible or Stupid...just a victim of CRIME!

Some say "leave the gun at home"

I say, if you are going to carry, carry all the time and do your best at safe keeping.

This forum is gonna be fun.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    My first day here and already a PompASS I don't agree with. That was a straight foward attack and condemnation.

Drop the name calling or you will get a vacation.

You are under the impression folks are not locking their firearms in vehicles. I've seen thieves use bolt cutters and the latest was a friend who had a gunsafe installed in the covered bed of his pickup truck. They used an an inverter and a roto-tool to cut it open.

I've never heard of thieves using power tools. Most are smash and grab types, and a lock-box would prevent most, if not all, of those operations.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thanks for reopening this. It is a topic that need to be out there. I will stand by every statement I have made on the subject so far.

If you know you will be going somewhere carrying is prohibited, do not carry. Use alternative means for self defense. If you do not have a CHL and are carrying around in your car around town just because you can, get a CHL, because HB 823 is only good in your vehicle. If you go to a mall or resturant, you have to leave your weapon in the vehicle.

If you have a CHL and you discover the building you are going to has legal signage, do not go in, and DO NOT leave your gun in the car.

While doing part time secutity work you would be utterly amazed at how easy it is to spot the CHLers going back to their cars at posted businesses I have worked at. 100% of them appeared to either put the gun in the console, glovebox, or under the seat.

If a security guard can spot this, then a thief can as well.

Don't be stupid, and don't screw it up for those of us who behave responsibly.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Oh, I see what kinda forum this is.

The first name called was "stupid" and just because you never heard of good thieves, they don't exist.

Another rose colored forum in a world of spin.

Goodbye

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Actually I am laughing at your little tantrum.... new guy first few posts, starts in with trying to bash somebody without stopping to look at the big picture.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    "It truly amazes me that anyone who claims to be a responsible gun owner can be so.......STUPID."

This one statement has three presupposition attacks and one aire of superiority. The traits of a verbal abuser.

No wonder everyone hates us Texans

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom