DK Firearms

Don't order 25rd M1A mags from Sportsman's Guide, or anything else...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I ordered four 25rd M1A mags Sportsman's Guide... Reviews were mostly positive so I hoped they wouldn't be junk. That was false hope. Every one of them caused miss-feeds. Very annoying, but SPG will make it right I think. I send the magazines back. They get them, and then send me an email saying you've been refunded $53.96. Great! Check my card balance and see I was refunded $33.96. Hmmm... I send them this note
    I think there was a typo in my refund... It was supposed to be $53.96, but I only received $33.96 as shown in the screenshot of my card statement. Please correct this error.

...and I get this back:
    Dear Dan,Thank you for your email.
    The $33.96 that was refunded to your credit card was correct. That is the amount for the item minus the $20.00 coupon you used when placing the order. The coupon was for $20 off an order of $99 in merchandise or more. Your merchandise total was less than $99 after the return was made and the order no longer qualified for the coupon.

Really... I've bought close to $10k of merchandise from them over the last 5 years, but they're more concerned with the $20 coupon than the junk merchandise they sold me. They can go self inseminate themselves. I'm not even sure why I went back to them. This was the first order I placed with them since they canceled my ammo backorders in Dec 2012 :banghead:
    ARJ Defense ad

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That sucks but I can see their side of it too.

Now the backorders are a whole different thing. I never would have went back.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    SG heavily filters their negative reviews. I posted a negative review on a product, a CSR called me, they never posted it. I shop there very infrequently now after they shipped me a barrel that headspaced too tight and I had to pay return shipping on that crap. Reviews weren't even enabled for that barrel so I didn't even have the opportunity to leave a crappy review for that product and see it be filtered out and deleted.

Don't even get me started on their canceled backorders.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    SG heavily filters their negative reviews. I posted a negative review on a product, a CSR called me, they never posted it. I shop there very infrequently now after they shipped me a barrel that headspaced too tight and I had to pay return shipping on that crap. Reviews weren't even enabled for that barrel so I didn't even have the opportunity to leave a crappy review for that product and see it be filtered out and deleted.

Never bought anything from them and this sure does make sure I never will.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

I've experienced that with their reviews as well. You would think they would want to know if they are selling junk to their customers. I've been a SPG customer for 20 years and it seems their customer service has steadily gone downhill since that French company bought them.

They used to have a great back-order policy and took care to let you know if they had removed that item all together. Changing their policy, canceling customer's orders without notification, and then telling to them there's nothing they can do when asked about it is almost as bad as what CTD was doing.

VERY poor customer service on their part unless they issued another $20 coupon to replace the one used.
    I sent them another note basically giving them a chance to try to make it right. A $20 store credit would have sufficed... I just got the same copy-n-paste reply back that I got the first time.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    SG had a very good run while first-quality genuine military surplus was in plentiful supply. The price for surplus ammo could hardly be beat anywhere.

Now that first-rate surplus has dried up, SG has to make up the shortfall with substitute products.

In my experience, their customer service has always been first-rate. Ordered some 8mm Mauser ammo. The advertisement said it was brass-cased and re-loadable. When it arrived, it was steel cased and Berdan primed.

I called customer service, and they told me to keep the ammo, AND issued me a full refund.

All human endeavors are fraught with multiple difficulties.

Perfection is not possible.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If you don't like it, dispute the original charge. Your credit card company will mediate it. The big problem is that they said they'd do one thing and actually did another.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you don't like it, dispute the original charge. Your credit card company will mediate it. The big problem is that they said they'd do one thing and actually did another.
    Good call... The mags were just part of a larger order so I'm not sure if I can dispute part of that charge and not the rest, but I'll reach out to the credit card company and find out.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Good call... The mags were just part of a larger order so I'm not sure if I can dispute part of that charge and not the rest, but I'll reach out to the credit card company and find out.

In my experience, you can't dispute part of the charge. Be honest with the credit card company of course, I'm sure they'll say that it's all in the agreements and not to worry about it. You'll probably wind up getting a refund on the entire purchase and not hear anything further from SG. Consider it compensation for the extra time you spent fixing their mistakes.

Top Bottom