Capitol Armory ad

Don't travel to Maryland apparently they don't want you there.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Let me add some more since this is so close to my experience.

I had just come out of rest stop and was only 2-3 miles down road when pulled over. I had barely gotten up to full speed when pulled over. He accused me of speeding something like 10 over which was a lie. He then presumed I had a gun. He did not know.

There is no effing doubt I was pulled for being in a SUV with Texas plates. The car is not registered to me or anyone who has a CHL. He did not ask for my DL until the end of the stop. He was just guessing on guns.
    Venture Surplus ad

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Assuming story goes as said.....

That prick pig should be fired and the family should be reminded........

DON'T TALK TO THE COPS........

Be polite and show them the respect they are due for their service, but don't give them ANY info you don't have to!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So, a good guy from the south who has a CCW permit, who knew he was heading into enemy territory for the holidays and LEFT HIS GUN AT HOME, still found himself with the man's jack boot on the back of his neck.

This is Nazism at its purest form.

A guy gets pulled over in Maryland headed home to Florida from visiting family

The Nazi cop ask him where his gun was (I guess he knew from a CCW database).
    The guy said he didn't have it and what happened next is unfreaking believable

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland

"Boot in the back of his neck"? Where did you read that?

yes, what happened is appalling, but there is no need for you to make things up.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    many of us have suspected for years that they keep the NICS data and use it, even though the law says they have to delete it.
    I don't know how they knew either, and I wished we could clear that part of the story up

NICS would not do it. No NICS checks are made when I buy a gun from a dealer.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    "Boot in the back of his neck"? Where did you read that?

yes, what happened is appalling, but there is no need for you to make things up.

Figurative speech/language: a form of expression (as a simile or metaphor) used to convey meaning or heighten effect often by comparing or identifying one thing with another that has a meaning or connotation familiar to the reader or listener.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    My sister and her husband live in Maryland but only until he gets promoted and is able to move about as he pleases, hopefully back to Texas. I pray that they never have to experience this shit.

-TXG-

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Figurative speech/language: a form of expression (as a simile or metaphor) used to convey meaning or heighten effect often by comparing or identifying one thing with another that has a meaning or connotation familiar to the reader or listener.

that's it...thank you

it's like saying, ole' Joe got his ass fired today at work.. Well, they really didn't fire Joe's ass, they fired Joe.

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Maryland, IIRC, is one of those states where it is illegal to have a radar detector in your car, even if it isn't turned on. As HillRider said, don't go to Maryland!

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I defected from Maryland for myriad reasons - high taxes (not only state income tax, but add county income tax in there, too), overcrowded, high prices (my 30-year old house in MD cost the same as my new house in TX with twice the square footage)...I could go on forever.

One of the laws says that you can only transport a gun to and from the range, directly. A few years back the State Police were hanging out near a gun range and following people who left. When they'd stop for gas/coffee and leave their car to go inside their store, the police would ticket them and confiscate their weapons. It didn't go on too long because of the stink it caused. Their "probable cause" was that they were at a gun range.

Even worse, when some of these guys got their weapons back, the police had engraved their own "serial numbers" on them.

The last time I visited MD I stopped at the VA line and buried my unloaded, locked CCW in a bag DEEP in the trunk. The only thing I would have answered to "Do you have a weapon in the vehicle?" would have been "Officer, I am breaking no MD laws regarding firearms."

That said, lots of MD LEOs are very pro-gun/2A, but the politicians are worse than child molesters.

Mike

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Buy beans and bullets.

Wise words.

Let me add some more since this is so close to my experience.

I had just come out of rest stop and was only 2-3 miles down road when pulled over. I had barely gotten up to full speed when pulled over. He accused me of speeding something like 10 over which was a lie. He then presumed I had a gun. He did not know.

There is no effing doubt I was pulled for being in a SUV with Texas plates. The car is not registered to me or anyone who has a CHL. He did not ask for my DL until the end of the stop. He was just guessing on guns.

I agree, I think he was assuming something based on something he saw. Be it a FLA license plate or maybe a gun related/NRA decal. We don't know as it wasn't mentioned.
    I certainly don't believe that the guys status as a gun owner popped up in any database that the officer used to ascertain that fact.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I bet the cop didn't have a clue whether he had a gun or not; was just fishing. ...or do the transportation authority departments have access to databases that other agencies don't? Is he suing? I would sue that cop, his supervisor, and everyone up the chain of command to MD's governor. Screw all of them.

Cant believe his wife started running her mouth like that, tho... What an idiot.

why the hell would you want to go to maryland in the first place
    Fly over country if you're headed for NH, VT, or ME ;)

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Let me state the default "We don't know the full story", but if the events happened the way the article says, I would like to know how the officer knew the man owned a gun. I don't think Florida has a registry do they? Even if they do, would officers from the Transportation Authority Police be able to see that info? The article doesn't say the man presented his CCW either, and I don't think the Transportation Authority Police would be able to see he had that either....so im curious...

There is no gun registry here in FL.

why the hell would you want to go to maryland in the first place

US Naval Academy. Some citizens have alum family and Navy friends so reunions/games/parties are part of the social events they undertake.

Would a fla driver license have a carry license indicator?
    Only legalish explanation I can muster. For the asshat to have knowledge of the victim owning a gun that is.

My FL license has NO indicator printed on it. It was done before and w/o a FL CCW being in place.. A DL is through the FL Dept of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. FL CCW is run by the FL Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

For carry, in FL there is no duty to inform if you are pulled over.

Top Bottom