don't vaccines work?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
Agree 100%. For the record I’m not anti-vax. I’m just anti-this vax. I’ve taken the regular flu and pneumonia vax, but I wouldn’t put it past them to try and sneak this one in so I won’t be getting those again either. Trust is gone
They are not even hiding it

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Pharmacist here. I work in a hospital.

Pretty consistently if there are fifteen patients in our icu, one may be vaxxed. And those usually have a history of compromised immune system.

Similar in our non icu floors. 15 covid patients, one to two vaxxed.

I have yet to see a patient history that read “got vaccine recently and now having a complication”.

I have heard similar rations with other hospital pharmacists I talk with at other hospitals.

Do people get covid and have mild symptoms. Yep.
Do people get covid and have severe symptoms. Yep.
Do people get the vaccine and still get covid. Yep.
But the odds favor the vaccinated.

This vaccine is the counter a different virus than some other viruses you all have mentioned. This virus is a fast replicator and it changes. The vaccine works to prime the immune system. The vaccine does not make you immune. The immune system can go from idle to ready to fight quicker.

Covid can overrun a body very quickly. Delta variant more so than earlier versions. Without the primer, the odds of ending up hospitalized or dead are greater (not 100% but greater than 0%). The time to recovery is longer.

That is what I have witnessed.

Those with natural immunity are a huge segment of the population, and a large percentage of the unvaxxed.

What are you observing for these folks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rotor

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
Those with natural immunity are a huge segment of the population, and a large percentage of the unvaxxed.

What are you observing for these folks?

Logically those with natural immunity are those that had the infection and didn't die. Unfortunately there are many that died. Using the logic of natural immunity we should not have any vaccines, those that live are immune.
So the option then is to get the disease, hopefully not be in the small percentage that dies or has serious complications and develops "natural" immunity which may only be good for one variant of the virus and not mutations.
The other option is to get vaccinated, hopefully not have a vaccine complication, hopefully develop un-natural immunity, may need a booster to cover mutations.
Take your poison.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
Logically those with natural immunity are those that had the infection and didn't die. Unfortunately there are many that died. Using the logic of natural immunity we should not have any vaccines, those that live are immune.
So the option then is to get the disease, hopefully not be in the small percentage that dies or has serious complications and develops "natural" immunity which may only be good for one variant of the virus and not mutations.
The other option is to get vaccinated, hopefully not have a vaccine complication, hopefully develop un-natural immunity, may need a booster to cover mutations.
Take your poison.

What are you going on about?
My question wasn’t directed at you.
And your reply has nothing to do with my question.

But since you’ve inserted yourself into the convo…
I have antibodies, from either a mis-diagnosed flu or I was asymptomatic.

msharley

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feb 28, 2021
Central Pennsylvania
1631895086474.png

Top Bottom