• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    What's a little clotting or a bit of ye olde Myocarditis or Pericarditis or quickly dying after being jabbed...meh, no biggee...

1641848134484.png
    Military Camp

Almin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2021
    SA
    Code:
    You probably heard that the US Supreme Court heard oral arguments on Friday regarding the federal government’s vaccine mandate.

Specifically, Hunter Biden’s dad told the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which regulates workplace safety, to require businesses across America with more than 100 employees to mandate vaccines in the workplace, or masking/testing.

This order was almost immediately challenged, and the case was heard in two separate federal courts. One court ruled in favor of an injunction, the other ruled against it.

And so the case landed rather quickly in front of the US Supreme Court.

Now, I’m not going to opine on the legality of the OSHA order. I think it’s an absurd perversion of government power, but I have no say in the matter. Ultimately it’s for the Supreme Court to decide.

But they should decide. In fact it’s their solemn duty to decide whether or not OSHA has the authority to require vaccines in the workplace.

This is the fundamental issue. It’s not even a question of whether or not the mandate is a good idea, or whether they think OSHA is trying to save lives. Those points are irrelevant.

The court’s responsibility is to determine whether the order is legal, whether OSHA is following the law and the Constitution.

Sadly, that’s not what happened on Friday.

I listened to the entire 4+ hours of audio over the weekend, and frankly some of the Justices’ remarks were simply ridiculous.

First, it’s worth pointing out that everyone in the room had to produce a negative COVID test before being allowed to enter. Everyone present was double vaccinated, and most were boosted. And almost everyone was wearing a mask.

Yet Justice Sotomayor still refused to be in the room. She phoned it in from her private office down the hall.

Clearly it doesn’t matter what protocols are in place; this person has chosen to be terrified no matter what. And unsurprisingly her remarks smacked of fear, paranoia, and ignorance.

Sotomayor stated that, for example, that “over 100,000” children are in serious condition, i.e. hospitalized, “many on ventilators”.

This is 100% patently false. Even the CDC had to refute her comments.

Nevertheless, Sotomayor thinks that the OSHA mandate is a great idea and will save lives. Therefore she seems to have no problem with it, regardless of the legality.

She even concluded that since Congress isn’t willing to pass a law requiring a nationwide vaccine mandate, that OSHA should do it.

Similarly, Justice Breyer was practically exasperated in citing all the death statistics and case numbers, and wondered how in the world could anyone possibly be against the OSHA order?

Justice Kagan chimed in stating that “we all know” that OSHA has put forth “the best policy”. Apparently she speaks for all of us.

These are all extraordinary comments. And their general nature was that these Justices like the OSHA mandate, therefore they’re in favor of it.

This is a gross, despicable violation of their most sacred responsibility. Their personal opinion about the OSHA order is not relevant. The only thing that matters is whether or not it’s legal.

But they seem to be completely ignoring that central question, and are instead attempting to insert their personal fears into public health policy.

The Supreme Court may likely end up ruling against the mandate. But the fact that so many Justices are ignoring the Rule of Law in this case is another terrible sign of a superpower in decline.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Well, here's our personal Covid update; after having the original crap (I am now referring to it as the "Fauci Bioweapon variant"), it seems the wife and I now have Omicron. Let me back up. Last Thurs'/Fri I started having a crazy runny nose and sneezing. It hurt to move my eyeballs. Now, a coworker that day had complained of "Cedar Fever" and my dad suffers from it, so I thought "better look it up". Turns out, if you put the symptoms for Cedar Fever right next to those of Omicron, it's almost a match. I did read that some in India reported severe lower back pain (More on that later). I did not have it and still don't. I treated whatever it was with lots of fluids and nasal irrigation (yuck). I was pretty puny Saturday and worse Sunday. By yesterday I felt pretty good. I trot into work to find that one coworker already went home with a temp and everyone had masks on (new there). As the day went on I was feeling worse and worse. I reported in to wifey to find that she was equally as bad and (wait for it) had terrible pain centered around the base of her spine. Okay, we are both infected with this crud. Again.

This morning we both feel quite a bit better, but are being reminded of "recovery" last round. YOu start to feel a lot better, then the next hour or day you are right back into the thick of it. I hope we can shake this one easier. It took steroids and HCQ for the wife last time, but she turned the corner in 48 hours after taking them.

Stay safe all. My summary: it's real; it's bad; it's widespread this time; hoping treatment still works. And just maybe, this is the thing that displaces the older, nastier variants?
    ETA: oh. And still not getting the jab!

Last edited:

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Well, here's our personal Covid update; after having the original crap (I am now referring to it as the "Fauci Bioweapon variant"), it seems the wife and I now have Omicron. Let me back up. Last Thurs'/Fri I started having a crazy runny nose and sneezing. It hurt to move my eyeballs. Now, a coworker that day had complained of "Cedar Fever" and my dad suffers from it, so I thought "better look it up". Turns out, if you put the symptoms for Cedar Fever right next to those of Omicron, it's almost a match. I did read that some in India reported severe lower back pain (More on that later). I did not have it and still don't. I treated whatever it was with lots of fluids and nasal irrigation (yuck). I was pretty puny Saturday and worse Sunday. By yesterday I felt pretty good. I trot into work to find that one coworker already went home with a temp and everyone had masks on (new there). As the day went on I was feeling worse and worse. I reported in to wifey to find that she was equally as bad and (wait for it) had terrible pain centered around the base of her spine. Okay, we are both infected with this crud. Again.

This morning we both feel quite a bit better, but are being reminded of "recovery" last round. YOu start to feel a lot better, then the next hour or day you are right back into the thick of it. I hope we can shake this one easier. It took steroids and HCQ for the wife last time, but she turned the corner in 48 hours after taking them.

Stay safe all. My summary: it's real; it's bad; it's widespread this time; hoping treatment still works. And just maybe, this is the thing that displaces the older, nastier variants?
    Hey K Man,

Prayers up for you & the Mrs....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Real vaccines work.
    The recent snake oil doesn't.
    Apparently.
    And even Bill Gates is now saying we need vaccine that last more than a couple months

And.......

Wait for it....

To start considering covid like the Flu or a cold.

He says after the omicron variant runs its course we should be good....fir a year or so till the seasonal variety returns.

The demtards are starting to reject covidiens extremism.

Top Bottom