ROFL_o_17277.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As best as I could tell, with insider access to two Med Schools, two Health Departments, and two State Medical societies; the vaccines are safe as any vaccine and are partly but significantly effective. They reduce chances of dying from COVID tremendously. Very, very few who were vaccinated have then died from COVID. As a retired Med School Prof, I can tell that the instances of "vaccine related deaths" which I've seen are completely meaningless. The available statistics deal with hundreds of millions or even billions of "subjects". In a group that large, there will be many unusual deaths and illnesses, no matter what, if anything, is done. All vaccines have risks. The risks are always better than the alternatives. The fact that many doses were administered before FDA "approval" is also completley meaningless. leVieux
    Are these studies that claim it reduces deaths using data from the very old and those with comorbidities? Since those are the overwhelming numbers of deaths? I've had COVID and believe the antibodies my body built will do a better job than any of those vaccines.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Probably a billion doses of Covid vaccines have been given with few serious side effects.
    What's few? Ten times the adversities than any other vaccine that was pulled? Twenty times? Since they are claiming those that die within two weeks of getting the vaccine as unvaccinated COVID deaths, how do we know how many adverse effects (side effects) there really are?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    What's few? Ten times the adversities than any other vaccine that was pulled? Twenty times? Since they are claiming those that die within two weeks of getting the vaccine as unvaccinated COVID deaths, how do we know how many adverse effects (side effects) there really are?
    Few. Fewer than die on bikes. Ride along. Do what you want. It’s all a risk/benefit ratio. You make your decision and I have made mine. I don’t see any need for further discussion on Covid or vaccination.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Few. Fewer than die on bikes. Ride along. Do what you want. It’s all a risk/benefit ratio. You make your decision and I have made mine. I don’t see any need for further discussion on Covid or vaccination.
    Let's see, I've been riding since I was 15 with zero visits to the doctor or hospital due to riding. Could be the persons in those cases, not the motorcycles. But what are you basing those numbers on? Do you have any data on motorcycle deaths during the time the vaccines were out to back up your claim?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Let's see, I've been riding since I was 15 with zero visits to the doctor or hospital due to riding. Could be the persons in those cases, not the motorcycles. But what are you basing those numbers on? Do you have any data on motorcycle deaths during the time the vaccines were out to back up your claim?
    No, I just make up stuff like you do.
    Seriously though, lost a friend on a Harley a couple of months ago and quit riding myself in 1970. My friend on the Harley was riding with his son, both on Harley's, looked back and dad's bike was off the road. He was dead. I quit when within 1/2 mile 2 separate cars almost ran me down. Tiny fender benders in a car are lethal in a bike, no matter how good you are. Laws of physics still work. Laws of medicine are still up for question. I made a choice, never to ride on the streets again. You know the risks too, so you make your own choice.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No, I just make up stuff like you do.
    Seriously though, lost a friend on a Harley a couple of months ago and quit riding myself in 1970. My friend on the Harley was riding with his son, both on Harley's, looked back and dad's bike was off the road. He was dead. I quit when within 1/2 mile 2 separate cars almost ran me down. Tiny fender benders in a car are lethal in a bike, no matter how good you are. Laws of physics still work. Laws of medicine are still up for question. I made a choice, never to ride on the streets again. You know the risks too, so you make your own choice.
    My risk of dying in a traffic accident are a lot higher than dying from covid. But I don't quit driving.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Ten times the adversities than any other vaccine that was pulled"

That is simply not true. the numbers seem so large ONLY b/c the population being studied is the largest ever, by far.

leVieux

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    With or without Covid or the vaccine, age and obesity related illnesses play a larger part in who lives or dies than Covid alone.
    The same factors that drove the largest contributors to death before Covid.
    Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    Pharmacist here. I work in a hospital.

Pretty consistently if there are fifteen patients in our icu, one may be vaxxed. And those usually have a history of compromised immune system.

Similar in our non icu floors. 15 covid patients, one to two vaxxed.

I have yet to see a patient history that read “got vaccine recently and now having a complication”.

I have heard similar rations with other hospital pharmacists I talk with at other hospitals.

Do people get covid and have mild symptoms. Yep.
    Do people get covid and have severe symptoms. Yep.
    Do people get the vaccine and still get covid. Yep.
    But the odds favor the vaccinated.

This vaccine is the counter a different virus than some other viruses you all have mentioned. This virus is a fast replicator and it changes. The vaccine works to prime the immune system. The vaccine does not make you immune. The immune system can go from idle to ready to fight quicker.

Covid can overrun a body very quickly. Delta variant more so than earlier versions. Without the primer, the odds of ending up hospitalized or dead are greater (not 100% but greater than 0%). The time to recovery is longer.

That is what I have witnessed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t get the animosity between those who do and don’t want it.

I have nothing against either side and no insults for anyone’s choice. Won’t even try to convince anyone to think what I think. I won’t support a mandate of any kind, but that’s about as far as I go.

Hell, I would even go so far as to say I’m glad the vaccine exists as I’m sure for certain age groups the risk is definitely higher with covid. But it’s damn sad that an actual discussion can’t be had without people being angry or insulting towards someone who feels differently about a decision that only effects them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom