• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is an interesting take. I haven’t taken the vaccine and probably won’t. However, I wouldn’t put it past the lefties to purposely try a little reverse psychology to convince Conservatives who may benefit from the vaccine to not take it.

Nolte: Anti-Vaxxers Hype Benign Transmission Numbers as Proof Vax Doesn’t Work https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ransmission-numbers-as-proof-vax-doesnt-work/

One problem with Nolte’s argument is that in Texas we do have a large percentage of the population vaccinated and our hospitalizations have still been very high.

If the vaccine works, why doesn’t it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Vaccine not perfect" does NOT mean "Vaccine doesn't work" !

And, never forget that our current government is LYING TO US about everything !

leVieux
    Hurley's Gold

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Politics is the problem, it infects everything.

Media has been extremely biased for so long that nobody trusts them. So when you have a certain political party saying something is good and the media will only show evidence to support that people no longer trust them.

Then pile on top of that reputable institutions putting out papers that are immediately removed from social media posts and either refuted or ignored by the media, people become more suspicious.

Only doctors who “follow the science” are given air time.

People are repeatedly told to “follow the science” when nobody actually says what the science is and those who keep saying it are constantly changing “the science”.

And pile on even more, now framing that the Delta variant is “more dangerous to kids” as if it harms children “more”. More than who? Not more than adults or the elderly. But it’s always just “more” and framed as if they are the at risk group now. Not to mention the articles falsely claiming hospitals like saint Judes are out of beds because of kids with Covid, which was refuted by the hospital but the media didn’t care to run the correction, only the fake story.

And the great and all knowing Fouchie, who in only a week went from “no reason to wear more than one mask” to “if one mask works 2 are better, it just makes common sense”, back to 1 mask, and who knows where he’s at now. And that’s just one example of his ridiculous medical expertise.

And now you have Biden stepping in to make sure treatments are delivered in an “equitable” manner, which just happens to result in pulling treatments from states that refuse to enforce his new mandates, even though these treatments were being ordered and purchased by the states and I’ve seen no claims that other states weren’t able to get what they needed. Trying to change it from a demand to a command economy. Similar to what’s happened and failed under a certain political structure with a history of failure.

And when you have all these people who have become concerned for the reasons mentioned above and more, you say “we’re running out of patience. You will let us inject you!”, well, the proper response to anything along those lines from the government is and always will be “**** You!”

Lots of words to say there are damn good reasons for people to be hesitant or resistant to getting these vaccinations. From the lies pushed regarding Covid from the very beginning, the incompetence of the CDC, and the totalitarian methods that the gov is attempting to use to force these vaccinations.

You want people to resist something, this is how you convince them.

That's pretty much what I've been trying to say, but you laid it out very nicely.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    According to some things I have been reading in places with high rates of vaccination the infection rates seem to be going up
    Israel study show they only show a 64% efficacy rate while Pfizer claims a 95% efficacy. Israel is switching to the Maderna vaccine for their booster shot. They show that Over 60% of hospitalizations are of fully vaccinated patients.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This could be a first ever a vaccine that works backward

I wouldn’t say “backwards” using those numbers as a reference. Israel has probably the highest vaccination rates in the world right now, so if the small minority of unvaccinated still make up around 40% of hospital cases they are definitely over represented.

Not trying to convince anyone to get it, but I think it’s important to consider the full context of the numbers.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What? Not giving in? Not sure I

understand what you're referring to.
    From the post being discussed:

"Politics is the problem, it infects everything. Media has been extremely biased for so long that nobody trusts them. So when you have a certain political party saying something is good and the media will only show evidence to support that people no longer trust them."

>

Now, continuing: That is PART of the overall vaccine reluctance. There is so much "misinformation" coming form all directions. The effect has been to leave many quite confused. Maybe like YOU ?

leVieux
    .b

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

"Politics is the problem, it infects everything. Media has been extremely biased for so long that nobody trusts them. So when you have a certain political party saying something is good and the media will only show evidence to support that people no longer trust them."

>

Now, continuing: That is PART of the overall vaccine reluctance. There is so much "misinformation" coming form all directions. The effect has been to leave many quite confused. Maybe like YOU ?

leVieux
    .b
    Thank you for clarifying. On the first part we do agree. As to misinformation, There is a lot from both directions to that I will admit, but there's far too many coincidences in one direction for this to be just a political agenda.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    You

>

leVieux
    .b
    You don’t think that the fact that the judges and congress with all the staffers, USPS and the president have exempted themselves from the vaccine isn‘t testament to its safety? Even those with their heads in the sand should see that as a red flag. I’ve always been a firm “NO” only because of the censoring by the gov and media, but these exemptions turned this into a “Hell NO” for me. Wake up.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I wouldn’t say “backwards” using those numbers as a reference. Israel has probably the highest vaccination rates in the world right now, so if the small minority of unvaccinated still make up around 40% of hospital cases they are definitely over represented.

Not trying to convince anyone to get it, but I think it’s important to consider the full context of the numbers.

If the unvaccinated 40% where fully vaccinated, what % of them would still get COVID?

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    You

You don’t think that the fact that the judges and congress with all the staffers, USPS and the president have exempted themselves from the vaccine isn‘t testament to its safety? Even those with their heads in the sand should see that as a red flag. I’ve always been a firm “NO” only because of the censoring by the gov and media, but these exemptions turned this into a “Hell NO” for me. Wake up.
    Damn telling

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Damn telling
    ...and adding to the farce we have undisputed documentation of the dems ignoring the mandates that they forced upon their constituents. You have Gretchen and party going maskless to a dive bar, she also takes a trip to Florida while locking down her state, and last year there was something to do with her boat on one of the lakes (I don’t recall the details, but she was doing what she had banned others to do) . Then there’s Pelosi with the hair dresser when everyone else was locked down, then just a few weeks ago with the maskless fundraiser in Napa Valley. Of course there’s Barry’s 60th birthday party with no masks. Then there is Gavin Newsome’s maskless dinner that triggered the recall election. Just last week we had AOC and all other attendants maskless while the help donned masks at the event. I mean, you just can’t make this shit up. This is a scam to the nth degree.
    You see what’s happening right now in Australia, France and the UK. They gladly disarmed because it made them feel good inside. We are seeing lockdowns, forced inoculations of children and mass demonstrations. The only thing saving us is the 2A, and I fear there will be underhanded tactics to try and take that away. The idiots north of us I think will be next to fall. Canada to this day does allow guns, but they are strictly regulated. It will be telling how this shakes out with our neighbors to the north.

Top Bottom