Lynx Defense

Doomsday Preppers? Why would they go on TV?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've recently come across this TV show. "Doomsday Preppers"

Whey the hell do these people go on TV and show everyone their guns and supplies?

I'm not a "Prepper", I believe it's good to have some stuff on hand of course, but I'm not into this prepping lifestyle/obsession.

Back to my original point, now everyone knows what they have!
    Venture Surplus ad

iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    just for fun I looked up the one (apparently rich as hell) guy here in Texas that has a compound ranch on Google maps and found the doomsday castle freaks hideaway as well. the Texas dude was a fucking baby when that gun went off and blew his eardrums. all about the attention for sure. some of those guys are packing some hefty guns though. $12,000 plus type guns. must be nice.:loaded:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yes, generally the preppers don't tell anybody. They are kinda going the other way on that one.

Some like to brag, some like attention, and others like to educate. I am guessing most are on there for a combination of those reasons.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    Yes, generally the preppers don't tell anybody. They are kinda going the other way on that one.

Some like to brag, some like attention, and others like to educate. I am guessing most are on there for a combination of those reasons.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    It's amazing what people will do to be on TV. I never quite understood it myself. I had a job where I routinely had to deal with journalists and I absolutely hated it. Some of them were nice people, but their idea of "news" often was pretty far from the actual facts. One of my co-workers was always trying to get on camera and I finally took him aside and told him point blank "Part of their job is to make themselves look good and they'll do it by making you look stupid". Well, he finally got his wish and I was right!

The show is called "Doomsday Preppers", you go on that show they will do everything they can to make you look like a nut and then paint everyone who does it like a nut. It's what they do.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    they do try to paint them as nuts, just like they like to do with us gun people. one day we may not think they are so nutty when and i believe when shtf.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's amazing what people will do to be on TV. I never quite understood it myself. I had a job where I routinely had to deal with journalists and I absolutely hated it. Some of them were nice people, but their idea of "news" often was pretty far from the actual facts. One of my co-workers was always trying to get on camera and I finally took him aside and told him point blank "Part of their job is to make themselves look good and they'll do it by making you look stupid". Well, he finally got his wish and I was right!

The show is called "Doomsday Preppers", you go on that show they will do everything they can to make you look like a nut and then paint everyone who does it like a nut. It's what they do.

The target audience for these sort of shows are not people who may actually be looking for tips or ideas, rather, suburban and city dwellers and others who believe the government will take care of them if a scenario the shows participants prep for should occurs.

The target audience wants to be reassured that they are the sane one's and distance themselves from thoughts of social collapse. As they know deep down that they won't last but a day or two on their own.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom