Door got kicked in last night, Need gun safe. HELP

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Texas Bulldog, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Im in san antonio... I just moved here and left my safe behind in CA... too big, anchored ect.

So ive been looking at safes but not with enough urgency i think. Someone tried breaking into my place last night with us home and kicked my front door in breaking 2 deadbolts and passage lock.

What makes me nervous now is if they were to come back while im at work and then i helped put a lot of guns on the street.

The help im asking for is if anyone has seen a safe on sale somewhere or know of a buddy upgrading?

I really don't know what my budget is since it depends on what it is i guess... i'll pay more for a nicer safe.

I was really looking at the Cannon's or Winchesters that costco usually sells for 500ish... now i know they are a general safe that is rebadged but i think it would suffice. Im going to put it in a location where no leverage tools could be used and anchor it appropriately.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated, could also do a finders fee with box of ammo or something :rofl:

Thanks guys!

JOe

2. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Check with the local Academy, they usually have good deals on Cannons
    You might also talk to the local safe dealer and see if they have any trade in units

3. sig556

sig556 Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    Wonder if this could have something to do with your other post about how many guns you have acquired since moving to Texas? I highly doubt it, and am sure it is a coincidence, but hope that it was not somebody you know. Good luck.

4. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I doubt it... i don't know anybody here and very low key about loading up my stuff to shoot.

Also, i would assume someone interested in that would do it when were gone at work or something.

Possible but doubtful

5. Buckles

Buckles Active Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
  6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That sucks man. Time for a safe and a gaurd dog.

7. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    what part of SA, my brother lives up there. Glad ya'll are ok.

8. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    luckly as little as my dogs are, they alerted me asap!.... the only thing a bigger dog could of done could have been attacked them if they got it... Im in an apartment and just don't have the room for a larger dog. When/If i buy a home out here, I will get a German Shepard (favorite dog)...

luckly dog's ears never sleep and they gave me some extra time to get ready :happy0001: Love my pup's :p

9. Texas Bulldog

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Just outside of the Medical Center off of huebner.

JOe

10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Gander had a 64 gun safe on sale for $1699.00......a Fat Boy I think