• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Anybody have problems with the golden hp from Remington? I had one more box left of it that I bought 5 years ago.

I had one blow up inside my mkII? With ear protection I didnt hear much, just lots more recoil and lots of smoke inside the pistol. Came pouring out every where from the pistol. I thought ok maybe I over oiled it??

Then the next day is the big thing. I was shooting my 10/22 without my muffs and it sounded like firecracker right in my face, powder was all over my glasses, loud ringing in my ear., smoke, and flash. From reloading bigger calibers that sounds like a double charge.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't see how they could over-charge a .22, but I'd stop shooting that box of ammo. It could be that the way it was stored is causing problems. That's about the only thing I can think of.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Get the number on the inside of the box and call Remington ASAP. Tell them what you told us. I bet there is already a recall on that lot of ammo. If not there will be.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If you MKII isn't feeding right, it may have fired out of battery. Mine did that once with the same type of results. My 10/22 has not done that, but with the way .22s feed, it is a possibility.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    From time to time, Remington has had to recall several lots of .22 ammo.

They do a commendable job by posting their recalls in American Rifleman, but not every gun owner is a member of the NRA.

If you own guns and like to shoot, you ought to be an NRA member.

Be well.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    If you MKII isn't feeding right, it may have fired out of battery. Mine did that once with the same type of results. My 10/22 has not done that, but with the way .22s feed, it is a possibility.

This is what I'd suspect as well. You should inspect your bolt and chamber area pretty good to make sure nothing broke. Knew someone that had an extractor on their 10/22 disappear after a KB.

Top Bottom