Double Crap!!!

JohnSo

Sep 16, 2020
Corpus Christi, Tx
I think I have the virus!

I was out making my ammo rounds like I usually do. I went to an Academy on I-45 in South Houston. I remember walking back to the hunting section. I remember they had no 9mm or 22lr ammo. And then, I don't remember shit. I guess I made it back to the shop OK. Like coming out of a fog. I was setting at my desk feeling a bit confused then I looked down and saw:

View attachment 227156

A Brand New P365 NRA edition right there on my desk. Case was askew on the floor. I know some of y'all have had this affliction. My question to you is: Is this how it starts? Is this the symptoms that let you know you got "IT"?
I still have stuff arriving at the house (ammo, Trigger kits, etc) that I don't remember ordering...Not sure what's going on, but if you figure it out, please let me know.

Dougw1515

Well-Known
Jul 14, 2020
USA
I still have stuff arriving at the house (ammo, Trigger kits, etc) that I don't remember ordering...Not sure what's going on, but if you figure it out, please let me know.
Hahahaha.... I just ordered more hammer springs on the outside chance I can cut the trigger weight from 7#'s 12ozs to 7#8ozs.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Nice find. I like the color. If your hands are of the larger persuasion, I would recommend the Hogue grip sleeve.
Amazon productIt definitely makes the 365 feel better in my meat hooks.

View attachment 227179
That was harder to install than I expected. But I like the feel of it. It should help be more accurate. I definitely have a better grip on the gun with that sleeve.

Thanks for sharing.

TxStetson

Usually Here
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 9, 2013
Not as far West as I once was
That was harder to install than I expected. But I like the feel of it. It should help be more accurate. I definitely have a better grip on the gun with that sleeve.

Thanks for sharing.
I find it much easier to hold on to.

Also, I never said it was easy to put on. I put the grip in hot water for a bit to get it soft then stretched it on.

Texas Heat

Sep 10, 2017
Houston, TX
I almost had exactly what you had but then I came to when I noticed they wanted $100 more for it in tan than black or gray. Are there any other differences for the extra $100?

Dougw1515

Well-Known
Jul 14, 2020
USA
Price was $599.00 + tax. The NRA Edition, which this one is, comes w/2-10 rnd & 1 12 rnd mag. It also includes an NRA medallion and the case and lock. Carters Country had a NRA Edition P365XL - they wanted $750.00. It eventually sold but - not to me. The price on this one was pretty much in line with the black/grey models.

Texas Heat

Sep 10, 2017
Houston, TX
Price was $599.00 + tax. The NRA Edition, which this one is, comes w/2-10 rnd & 1 12 rnd mag. It also includes an NRA medallion and the case and lock. Carters Country had a NRA Edition P365XL - they wanted $750.00. It eventually sold but - not to me. The price on this one was pretty much in line with the black/grey models.
Academy has the black and gray ones for $499 but comes with two mags instead of 3. I know those mags are pretty steep though so I guess it isn't too big a premium for tan.

textrex

Sep 27, 2020
Houston
I actually just picked up the Nitron finish P365 myself. It's good to see Academy getting these in demand pistols back in stock.

I know their restocks are good because the day before I picked up my Sig I had bought a Shield 9mm thinking they wouldn't ever get the P365 in stock (facepalm)

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
Nov 25, 2018
Beaumont, Texas
I dont remember how I ended up owning two of them....lol A 365XL and a 365SAS :o

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member