• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Both my youngest, adults, were sick as dogs in January. We all thought it was bad flu cause that was their symptoms.
    No flu, either strain
    No bacterial infection
    No mononucleosis or similar virus.

4 months later it would default covid which It probably what it was.

So ya, in a sherlock Holmes powers of deduction kinda way they fill a niche.

Lol.

I understand the limits.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If you can figure out how many guns or how much ammo you have off the top of your head it's just a mild case.
    When you clean a room and discover guns and/or ammo you forgot about you are starting to get a serious condition......

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    If you can figure out how many guns or how much ammo you have off the top of your head it's just a mild case.
    When you clean a room and discover guns and/or ammo you forgot about you are starting to get a serious condition......

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

When I moved from Frisco/Garland/dfw to west texas, circa 2005, I had 2 stuffed to the gills 10x20' storage units in Farmers Branch that I'd filled over the previous 5-6 years.

Found the following, all of which I'd completely forgotten about: M1A1 garand, 1960s winchester 30-30, 2 1911s, and 2 glocks.

Oh yeah, and a washer and sewing machine that I swear I had never seen before. I've never, ever purchased, moved, or to my knowledge even given a ride to a sewing machine...in my life.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Hell I keep spreadsheets for AR builds I don't even own parts to...
    7376bf7650098d35f8ead6bb6d193563.jpg

JohnSo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2020
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    I think I have the virus!

I was out making my ammo rounds like I usually do. I went to an Academy on I-45 in South Houston. I remember walking back to the hunting section. I remember they had no 9mm or 22lr ammo. And then, I don't remember shit. I guess I made it back to the shop OK. Like coming out of a fog. I was setting at my desk feeling a bit confused then I looked down and saw:

View attachment 227156

A Brand New P365 NRA edition right there on my desk. Case was askew on the floor. I know some of y'all have had this affliction. My question to you is: Is this how it starts? Is this the symptoms that let you know you got "IT"?
    LOL

JohnSo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2020
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    I think I have the virus!

I was out making my ammo rounds like I usually do. I went to an Academy on I-45 in South Houston. I remember walking back to the hunting section. I remember they had no 9mm or 22lr ammo. And then, I don't remember shit. I guess I made it back to the shop OK. Like coming out of a fog. I was setting at my desk feeling a bit confused then I looked down and saw:

View attachment 227156

A Brand New P365 NRA edition right there on my desk. Case was askew on the floor. I know some of y'all have had this affliction. My question to you is: Is this how it starts? Is this the symptoms that let you know you got "IT"?
    I still have stuff arriving at the house (ammo, Trigger kits, etc) that I don't remember ordering...Not sure what's going on, but if you figure it out, please let me know.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I still have stuff arriving at the house (ammo, Trigger kits, etc) that I don't remember ordering...Not sure what's going on, but if you figure it out, please let me know.
    Hahahaha.... I just ordered more hammer springs on the outside chance I can cut the trigger weight from 7#'s 12ozs to 7#8ozs.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Nice find. I like the color. If your hands are of the larger persuasion, I would recommend the Hogue grip sleeve.
    Amazon product ASIN B07Q13W5Y9It definitely makes the 365 feel better in my meat hooks.

View attachment 227179

That was harder to install than I expected. But I like the feel of it. It should help be more accurate. I definitely have a better grip on the gun with that sleeve.

Thanks for sharing.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    That was harder to install than I expected. But I like the feel of it. It should help be more accurate. I definitely have a better grip on the gun with that sleeve.

Thanks for sharing.
    I find it much easier to hold on to.

Also, I never said it was easy to put on. I put the grip in hot water for a bit to get it soft then stretched it on.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I almost had exactly what you had but then I came to when I noticed they wanted $100 more for it in tan than black or gray. Are there any other differences for the extra $100?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Price was $599.00 + tax. The NRA Edition, which this one is, comes w/2-10 rnd & 1 12 rnd mag. It also includes an NRA medallion and the case and lock. Carters Country had a NRA Edition P365XL - they wanted $750.00. It eventually sold but - not to me. The price on this one was pretty much in line with the black/grey models.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Price was $599.00 + tax. The NRA Edition, which this one is, comes w/2-10 rnd & 1 12 rnd mag. It also includes an NRA medallion and the case and lock. Carters Country had a NRA Edition P365XL - they wanted $750.00. It eventually sold but - not to me. The price on this one was pretty much in line with the black/grey models.
    Academy has the black and gray ones for $499 but comes with two mags instead of 3. I know those mags are pretty steep though so I guess it isn't too big a premium for tan.

textrex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2020
    Houston
    I actually just picked up the Nitron finish P365 myself. It's good to see Academy getting these in demand pistols back in stock.

I know their restocks are good because the day before I picked up my Sig I had bought a Shield 9mm thinking they wouldn't ever get the P365 in stock (facepalm)

Top Bottom