• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    Most "double action" revolvers can be fired single-action. I can't recall firing any double action as a double action except in practice.
    leVieux

That is why i was asking... is there really a need for double action when the cylinder is fully loaded?

I found a good deal on on a single action .38 that is light and easily concealed. taking her to shoot saturday and see how she does

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    That is why i was asking... is there really a need for double action when the cylinder is fully loaded?

I found a good deal on on a single action .38 that is light and easily concealed. taking her to shoot saturday and see how she does
    just get a double action. The last thing you want is your daughter under stress pulling a dead trigger because she forgot to pull the hammer each time. Single action are for ol cowboy shooting matches or range toys. Has no business with an inexperienced shooter for a defensive weapon.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Most "double action" revolvers can be fired single-action. I can't recall firing any double action as a double action except in practice.
    leVieux
    Assuming it has a hammer that is correct. Like you, I fire my DA revolvers as SA. More accurate that way for me. Not sure how I would do in a self defense situation with a revolver. Guess I need to practice in DA mode

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    just get a double action. The last thing you want is your daughter under stress pulling a dead trigger because she forgot to pull the hammer each time. Single action are for ol cowboy shooting matches or range toys. Has no business with an inexperienced shooter for a defensive weapon.

thanks. I borrowed a friend’s .38 revolver but she wasn’t comfortable shooting that. I ended up finding a compact .380 she actually shot well with and she’s going to use for her LTC

PaulyBagODonutz

Intelligent Gun Owner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2021
    Hidden in Texas
    You must be afraid someone is going to come to your house and steal your guns, if you post pictures, right?

dude. Get over yourself. Just scroll past anything I post. You aren’t informative on anything you post. You’re just lolligagging around the forum at 1:30 in the morning trying to instigate.

didn’t you say you had me on ignore anyways?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    dude. Get over yourself. Just scroll past anything I post. You aren’t informative on anything you post. You’re just lolligagging around the forum at 1:30 in the morning trying to instigate.

didn’t you say you had me on ignore anyways?

I never said I had you on ignore. Don't flatter yourself!

I simply asked a question. You aren't obligated to answer BTW.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Out of all the guns I have or have shot, The only revolvers I ever shot were single action .38's for my commisioned licesense more than 25 years ago

is there enough difference between having to use the hammer and not having to, to warrant the price difference in some calibers? (like using a double action .357 or .44)

Once I got my first .380, I just prefered SA's to revolvers. But only my 9MM has 16+1 magazines. all the others are 5, 7 or 8+1.
    I am primarily a target shooter so accuracy is my main goal, I did carry S&W model 19 which is a good DA/SA pistol. My carry now is a SA 1911 Kimber.. it all boils down to practice and training. I dated a Cowboy Action shooting lady in Colorado who won every shoot=off we had both in time and accuracy, she used a tuned Ruger Vaqueo .44 Magnum vs my SIG 320 my / tuned match 1911 and my HK P7.

Top Bottom