• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Are you sure it wasn't an SST? The Concorde isn't a Boeing plane, I may be mistaken, but I believe the Concorde was made by Airbus in France.
    Nope, it's one of the Concords. You are correct though, the Brits and Franks built it. Last time there it was still outdoors across the street in the airpark along with the prototype 747. IMHO, worth the extra few min. wait to tour the inside that thing. Quarters too tight for my tastes.. good thing they were short flights... that and I'm just a peasant, not afforded to fly with such luxury.
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don’t get it? I moved to Texas from California because I LIKE the laws in Tx! I could stand the crap hole of California!
    Another welcome to Texas and to TGT.

It's easy to understand. People move to Texas from another state, then bitch and whine about how things are done here in Texas.

We are very welcoming, but we get mighty defensive when transplants want to go and change things, or start complaining. And we are not shy about telling them to leave either.

acatalano32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2021
    Mckinney
    I totally understand it all, I was saying “I don’t get it” as in why move here if you don’t like the laws? Go somewhere else! Or stay in California!

I moved out of Los Angeles county because people were getting weird with covid rules and the homeless and they do not issue and LTC or CCW’s in that county.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I totally understand it all, I was saying “I don’t get it” as in why move here if you don’t like the laws? Go somewhere else! Or stay in California!

I moved out of Los Angeles county because people were getting weird with covid rules and the homeless and they do not issue and LTC or CCW’s in that county.
    That's my thought process. I would never move to a state that had laws that I couldn't tolerate, which is why I'll never live in a blue state. The people who do that sort of thing are a cancer to the state they move to.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Also, since you are new to Texas, and to TGT, there may be some skepticism in some of the members thoughts of you being from California.

Reason I say that, the last few new ones that transplanted themselves from California to Texas, said pretty much the same as you in the beginning, then they went off the rails and went stupid.

I'm hoping you will be the exception to that.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Maybe jobs and shît without the regulatory and tax burden?

Hot Wheels has been bragging all year on his ability to get companies to relocate here. Before him, it was Perry doing the same thing.

It’s going to bite him and his successors in the aśs in the long run.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Liberals are like locusts. They destroy one place and then move to the next and destroy that. It’s a mental disease that affects ones ability to see cause and effect. Let’s see I voted next and this place that was once nice is now a dump that I have to flee. Oh. Let’s make this place like the dump I had to flee. Mental
    disease.
    I believe the creature most like Liberals are the Walking Catfish. First seen in this country in Florida. They move into a pond or lake and then foul them. When it gets too bad (even for them), they literally walk - using to side fins - to the next body of water and repeat.

acatalano32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2021
    Mckinney
    Also, since you are new to Texas, and to TGT, there may be some skepticism in some of the members thoughts of you being from California.

Reason I say that, the last few new ones that transplanted themselves from California to Texas, said pretty much the same as you in the beginning, then they went off the rails and went stupid.

I'm hoping you will be the exception to that.
    Yeah, I don’t plan on going stupid lol

I love it here in Texas and just wish I moved here sooner. I’m very glad everyone has been accepting of me, I hate saying I’m from California haha
    California gives me a bad look

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

I love it here in Texas and just wish I moved here sooner. I’m very glad everyone has been accepting of me, I hate saying I’m from California haha

Then don’t say it. Where’re you from? I’m from Texas, how about you? Anything else is hanging on to the past…why hate yourself over an answer?

Asking where someone is from is just conversation filler anyways, so flip to a topic you’d rather talk about.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Then don’t say it. Where’re you from? I’m from Texas, how about you? Anything else is hanging on to the past…why hate yourself over an answer?

Asking where someone is from is just conversation filler anyways, so flip to a topic you’d rather talk about.

I have to agree with @toddnjoyce on his advice.

Just think of California as a bad memory and put it behind you and forget it.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

100%

I’m from Texas, Duncanville to be specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    I've been avoiding responding to this thread as it appears it's only purpose is to incite. But frankly the OP's and some subsequent posters ignorance is hard to handle. I lived in VA for 20 years then retired from my classified job in the Pentagon. I moved here to be near my daughter for my final years.

When I first joined the Forum, I wrote a few threads that were not well received by members. My sole purpose was to warn you folks of how a deep Red state, VA, was turned deep Blue in less than 20 years.

I was called a "douche bag" and other very impolite names because I retired here from VA and lived in Austin (I actually live in Travis County which I've come to learn is just as screwed up as the city). Perhaps folks should have asked me questions before their ranting and name calling.

Here are some facts:
    1. I had a LTC in VA as soon as the law changed from may issue to shall issue. In force until I moved to TX.
    2. I got a LTC here as soon as possible.
    3. I am in my late 60s and have NEVER voted for a Democrat in my life. NEVER!
    4. I have voted "NO" to every new tax, increase in tax, or Bond that would have generated increased fees or taxes in every state I've lived including MT, NV, NM, VA and TX.
    5. I am Pro-Life (you can KMA if you disagree)
    6. I am Pro-God (see comment above)
    7. My personal motto is "FFC". (Faith, Family, Charity)
    8. People should be thankful that TX got a Conservative, life-long Republican retire in TX.

And lastly, I'm no more a "douche bag" or Liberal for living in Austin then anyone who lives in San Antonio is no more an anti-Christian just because the city hates Chick-Fil-A.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx

Bullshit I moved here in 95
    Talking to the first Texan I ever met . I said I gonna be a Texan.
    He looks at me and says
    It takes 10 yrs to be adopted by texas
    Rules
    1 always be polite help those in need
    2 carry your weight period pay your taxes
    3 keep a job no matter what.
    4if you fall Texans remember rule #1
    5 leave your Bullshit political views at the border
    6 never lose your want to
    7 always love texas and she will always love you
    8 always defend texas
    I met this guy at my very first job here
    The old austinites might remember Owen's resterurant on 35...
    I never forgot those rules and they have served me well.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I've been avoiding responding to this thread as it appears it's only purpose is to incite. But frankly the OP's and some subsequent posters ignorance is hard to handle. I lived in VA for 20 years then retired from my classified job in the Pentagon. I moved here to be near my daughter for my final years.

When I first joined the Forum, I wrote a few threads that were not well received by members. My sole purpose was to warn you folks of how a deep Red state, VA, was turned deep Blue in less than 20 years.

I was called a "douche bag" and other very impolite names because I retired here from VA and lived in Austin (I actually live in Travis County which I've come to learn is just as screwed up as the city). Perhaps folks should have asked me questions before their ranting and name calling.

Here are some facts:
    1. I had a LTC in VA as soon as the law changed from may issue to shall issue. In force until I moved to TX.
    2. I got a LTC here as soon as possible.
    3. I am in my late 60s and have NEVER voted for a Democrat in my life. NEVER!
    4. I have voted "NO" to every new tax, increase in tax, or Bond that would have generated increased fees or taxes in every state I've lived including MT, NV, NM, VA and TX.
    5. I am Pro-Life (you can KMA if you disagree)
    6. I am Pro-God (see comment above)
    7. My personal motto is "FFC". (Faith, Family, Charity)
    8. People should be thankful that TX got a Conservative, life-long Republican retire in TX.

And lastly, I'm no more a "douche bag" or Liberal for living in Austin then anyone who lives in San Antonio is no more an anti-Christian just because the city hates Chick-Fil-A.
    My ignorance, my post is about Democrats that are moving here from other states that want to change our laws here. I have nothing against anyone that moves here who wants to be free of governments that want to take away your rights and restrict your freedom with bs ordinances that interfere with that freedom. So you didn't grasp that. And those people are douchebags.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Bullshit I moved here in 95
    Talking to the first Texan I ever met . I said I gonna be a Texan.
    He looks at me and says
    It takes 10 yrs to be adopted by texas
    Rules
    1 always be polite help those in need
    2 carry your weight period pay your taxes
    3 keep a job no matter what.
    4if you fall Texans remember rule #1
    5 leave your Bullshit political views at the border
    6 never lose your want to
    7 always love texas and she will always love you
    8 always defend texas
    I met this guy at my very first job here
    The old austinites might remember Owen's resterurant on 35...
    I never forgot those rules and they have served me well.

Not bad rules, but I disagree with the 10yrs part. It can take a day or a lifetime, person dependent. Even thought I grew up in Pflugerville back when it was a one schoolhouse town way the hell outside of Austin, I know the place you’re talking about…they were Bob Evans branded as Owens.

Top Bottom