Capitol Armory ad

Dove hunters detained and forced to lay on 100 degree asphalt by military police

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They committed a crime off base. Really, I'm wondering why they aren't being charged. Believed threat or not, unless things have changed a lot more than I realized, once they leave base property they have no authority at all. Civilian LE should have handled it unless they crossed onto base property.

from an idgit coffeeholic

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    What would their jurisdiction be if the hunters were firing onto the base?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    They committed a crime off base. Really, I'm wondering why they aren't being charged. Believed threat or not, unless things have changed a lot more than I realized, once they leave base property they have no authority at all. Civilian LE should have handled it unless they crossed onto base property.

Sky cops have no law enforcement authority off base, but if these individuals were considered "threats" then they may be legally able to react. To be honest, even then I don't think they have the authority to detain these hunters. If anything, the local police or sheriff's departments should have been called. I seriously doubt the hunters were shooting towards the base, it sounds like they were just on the property adjacent to the installation and the sky cops overreacted. It's happened before at Goodfellow, many years ago we had a member of our unit that was illegally detained at the gate there because he had a minor in his car (a female that was a year younger than him, he was only 18). It's a boring AETC base, no operations whatsoever...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Maybe they were afraid someone would mistake a jet fighter for a dove. They're both kind of a grey color aren't they?

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Riiight? I wonder if that recruiting they do in the malls of America are paying off by being so close to the mall ninjas.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Give an inch, they take a mile...

<snip>

“What’s even more amazing is that our local television news was there and minutes earlier had finished filming an interview on the importance of hunting to our local economy. Appears they may have also filmed this very unfortunate event,” Simons wrote. “Seems to me that Goodfellow should provide a formal apology to some folks. I’m thankful to our local police department for intervening and providing some relief to this matter.”

And some say that our military won't fire upon us.......

Top Bottom