• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ...they will be dissolved to lessen competition in the AR15 market.

Perhaps.
    "Competition in the AR15 market" is an interesting concept.

With a paid-for CNC machine and block of aluminum a quality AR receiver costs next to nothing.
    All the bits and pieces to assemble a middlin' quality rifle add up to not a lot.

Hard to imagine that one company, even an enormous one, can influence the market very much.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Distributors still showing quite a few DPMS rifles for sale.....Only thing Bushmaster in stock is some of the ACR rifles and the BA50 50BMG..........

I have noticed CDNN is selling R15 Remington AR upper and lower kits....

Hmm.....

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    DPMS originally was a defense contractor. I wonder of they still do that and spun off the ARs.

Defense Procurement Material.....

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    And wasn’t Bushmaster still being held potentially liable by a judge regarding the Sandy Hook shooting? Seems like I recall that whole mess wasn’t through being played out yet. (Even in light of the law that was supposed to afford some protection to firearm makers). Gotta wonder if that’s not influencing things - at least far as Bushmaster is concerned. (?)

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Just buy stag if you want affordable, reliable, and everything in spec minus staking. Help keep them in business.

I swear Remingtons goal is to destroy nice things. While dpms never offered a premium rifle, mine was cheap and all parts in spec.

As for bushmaster nothing of value was lost. Lol. Even when ownership used to be under what is now windham, quality wasn’t that great.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We’ve got one DPMS. It’s their cheapest, bare bones AR. Nothing fancy about it and I did have to tighten the set screws in the gas block once, but I don’t think it’s ever malfunctioned except with the shitty mags that came with it. They cause problems in every rifle I’ve put them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Perhaps.
    "Competition in the AR15 market" is an interesting concept.

With a paid-for CNC machine and block of aluminum a quality AR receiver costs next to nothing.
    All the bits and pieces to assemble a middlin' quality rifle add up to not a lot.

Hard to imagine that one company, even an enormous one, can influence the market very much.

You still need to pay people to make and assemble all those parts and maintain all the machines. Add in shipping, insurance, and customer service too.

With prices as low as they are all the little expenses are death by 1,000 cuts.

Keep in mind too that many huge corporations shut down branches that are still profitable but don't meet certain profit goals.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You still need to pay people to make and assemble all those parts and maintain all the machines. Add in shipping, insurance, and customer service too.
    Yup! Tool wear, machine up keep, paying an operator/programmer, other consumables, and don’t forget fees because once a business is running all kinds of blood suckers want a chunk of the pie.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It's strange that I haven't noticed DPMS or Bushmaster rifles missing but now that I look back I haven't seen anything from them in years. It all makes sense now.

I had one of the barebones models from DPMS. It was just meh. Traded it for a FAL.

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, I have a dpms upper and rock river lower. at least
    10years. very accurate. functions very well. no
    problems. heavy barrel and flat top. also have
    a full rock river match. both in .223. justme gbot tum

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    S&W, ruger, and PSA were killing them price wise. And in many cases offered more modern (even if ever so slightly more) choices.

To be honest, I'm surprised they lasted this long.

Top Bottom