• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    How hard would it be to remove the factory free float tube? Would I need to remove the front sight?

I thought I had a AP4 with Quad Rails already on it, but it's a long story I'll get into later. So, I found (IN STOCK) an AP4 w/out the rails; for the price difference I would do it myself...

shootmre steel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    East Texas
    If it is a freefloat tube and the sight is a standard a2 then yes the sight must be removed first. These are either pinned or set screwed. Either way after it's loose, tap it off with a soft mallet. You might have to remove the muzzel break if it has one. The gas tube will come out. Then the freefloat tube is unscrewed and removed. need a pic to tell more.

good luck.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    To remove my tube on my dpms I had to remove the front site the pins are tapered on the dpms and only go in and out one way also remove the flash suppressor make sure you lube the barrel up when you take the fsp off so you dont scratch the finish. I got alot of good info on here for my lmt but its the same then you will need a strap wrench and a action block then heat the tube up where the seem is between the tube and the base until the glue comes out then use the strap wrench to unscrew the tube. I dont know if the quad rail uses the same barrel nut as the tube.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Thanks for the info. Like I said earlier, it's long story but the dealer shipped out the AP4 with Quad Rails, which was what I really wanted. I almost canceled the order; I found a LR-308 AP4 w/out quads at GT Dist.. In stock at their Austin showroom, $999.95 if anyone is interested...

Top Bottom