• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Welding over the pin hole so the installation, in this case, is considered permanent in the eyes of the ATF. Sometimes you can't even tell it was pinned and welded over.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Just clean the barrel and chamber, inside of upper/lube with moly grease. Bolt probably needs cleaning, pop the pin and it comes apart. GB doesn't need cleaning, nor does a flash hider or can mount. Compressed air to clean the lower, solvent can be used on standerd trigger group, I'd watch it for drop in.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How did you try to take the muzzle device off? A wrench really shouldn't bend... you'll crack receivers, bend barrels, snap index pins, etc before you damage a good armorer's wrench.
    I used a box wrench. I ended leaving it alone. My buddy didn't wanna mess with it.

BTW... ya'll have 2 suppressors I'll be traveling to come get soon. :)

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Oracle is the 16", 24" doesn't use a flash hider. Mine has a crush washer behind it. Just bore a smaller hole in 2- 2x4 while in a vice, long open end wrench and a good hammer. Lock the barrel in the 2x4/vice close to hider. Hit the end of the big wrench on the end and it should come loose. Make sure you are turning the wrench the correct direction!! Carbine still does MOA @200 with cast so no barrel problem.

Top Bottom