Dpms sportical

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
Anyone have any experince with a dpms sportical. Have a chance to get one for less than $500. 5.56-.223

Sent from my iPhone by a coffeeholic

Vaquero

San Saba Songbird
Apr 4, 2011
Out West
Get it.
I just ran 100+ rounds through mine.
300 or so since I got it in October.
No hiccups so far.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
That is a horrible deal. When you pass that rip off up let me know how to get my hands on it. (Insert some kind of fancy smilie here)

I would buy it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
That is a horrible deal. When you pass that rip off up let me know how to get my hands on it. (Insert some kind of fancy smilie here)

I would buy it.
Unless you work for wally world, no good. Still a one shot deal for me since I worked the black friday sales. Just wasn't sure how good they were since most people were buying the more expensive ones

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
Not a terrible deal, but their quality control isn't very good. YMMV - some are good, some won't function straight out of the factory, and others will snap the bolt.

The Sportical stock is goofy and horrible.

One thing to be aware of - not that I'm sure it makes a difference - is that the Sportical's upper receiver is extruded and not forged.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Unless you work for wally world, no good. Still a one shot deal for me since I worked the black friday sales. Just wasn't sure how good they were since most people were buying the more expensive ones

It is just a bare bones AR and most people want something fancier. If you want something to build up and make tacti-cool then spend more. If you just want one to send some rounds down range then go for it.

I believe if you bought it and decided to go higher end you could easily sell it and get your money back at that price.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
Thanks, I was leaning towards that one. With 1911s, I am kinda the simple works kinda guy. Fancy dont make it go bang.

BennyS

Nov 3, 2013
Katy, Texas
Thanks, I was leaning towards that one. With 1911s, I am kinda the simple works kinda guy. Fancy dont make it go bang.

I've put about 800 rounds through my DPMS classic 16 without a problem, simple is good. These AR Are simple to clean, upgrade and repair. You'll love it!

Top Bottom