• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Wow, I never knew that criminals wouldn't carry guns because it's against the law.

Bonnen is a moron of the first order. Just saying that Constitutional Carry would allow criminals to carry a firearm shows that he's a moron.

Bonnen is not a moron he does not believe that CC would allow criminals to carry a firearm. He said that for the idiot voters out there that believe whatever they hear.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I don't keep up - Has Abbott made any mention of this? I would think he would want to separate himself from this especially since he is about to screw people over on the property tax solution. Hey let's raise the sales tax to offset the property tax "relief" we offer to Texans. Psst, you are still taking money from me and spending it like a drunken sailor. That rainy day fund is there IF you need money so bad.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don't keep up - Has Abbott made any mention of this? I would think he would want to separate himself from this especially since he is about to screw people over on the property tax solution. Hey let's raise the sales tax to offset the property tax "relief" we offer to Texans. Psst, you are still taking money from me and spending it like a drunken sailor. That rainy day fund is there IF you need money so bad.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    But a raise in the sales tax will actually have everyone paying into it.

Don’t like it, but at least it gets everyone equally.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Well, then we will have a higher sales tax and the property tax will rise back up and we will be even worse off. You can never trust politicians to spend your money wisely.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I just sent an email to bonehead and I also called his office.

On the phone I told them that if HB 357 does not come up for a vote this session that I will support any candidate that runs against him in the primary and if he wins the primary I will support any democrap that runs against him in the general election. I went on to tell them that I consider bonnen nothing but a democrap anyway.

We need to burn his phone line up! His office phone is 512-463-1000

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SATX,

Just curious, do you write them often? I wouldn't say I write often, but I have on several occasions. My experience has always been a canned response from an aid that just kind of touches on the subject I mentioned. Many of them make it easier to do this if you go to the website and hit the contact button for them since it gives you a list of options to choose from for your topic headline. It should be called, pick which reply you want to get.

I've emailed on a couple of hotter button issues in the past. The responses have always been to start off with the generic I understand your concern, talk in a circle, then change the subject to rah rah me stuff.

I'm also a bit stunned I didn't get any response at all from the paper editor. Even if it was a nonsense one. Unfortunately, I still enjoy reading the paper the old fashioned way. That and I saved $17 at Walmart today with the coupons I clipped from today's paper, so it's not like I'll be canceling it anytime soon.

F350-6,

YES, I often email, phone & sometimes snail-mail the TX senators/representatives that represent me.

I also email the POTUS & primarily about cutting waste, that costs the taxpayers many millions of dollars each year for NO good result.
    Inasmuch as I was once a Fraud, Waste & Abuse investigator for DoD & am also a taxpayer, I "have a thing" about wasteful/needless spending & "sweetheart deals" that benefit the FEW at the expense of the MASS of taxpayers.
    (In addition to needless/wasteful spending there is a GREAT deal of outright CRIMINAL FRAUD & just plain stealing of government assets by criminals. Further, my experience as an "on the ground" investigator has given me many places that MASSIVE WASTE often occurs or is likely to be hidden.)

Occasionally, I've also emailed/snail-mailed the WH to make suggestions about repealing needless/duplicative regulations.

yours, satx

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    F350-6,

YES, I often email, phone & sometimes snail-mail the TX senators/representatives that represent me.

I also email the POTUS & primarily about cutting waste, that costs the taxpayers many millions of dollars each year for NO good result.
    Inasmuch as I was once a Fraud, Waste & Abuse investigator for DoD & am also a taxpayer, I "have a thing" about wasteful/needless spending & "sweetheart deals" that benefit the FEW at the expense of the MASS of taxpayers.
    (In addition to needless/wasteful spending there is a GREAT deal of outright CRIMINAL FRAUD & just plain stealing of government assets by criminals. Further, my experience as an "on the ground" investigator has given me many places that MASSIVE WASTE often occurs or is likely to be hidden.)

Occasionally, I've also emailed/snail-mailed the WH to make suggestions about repealing needless/duplicative regulations.

yours, satx
    Doesn't look like it's done much good.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Doesn't look like it's done much good.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

seeker_two,

IF a person doesn't at least TRY to improve our government, nothing good will likely ever happen, imo.
    (Presuming that I'm not being outright lied to, one of my suggestions about improving the current system of boat registration/titling & also saving a "goodly pile of bucks" is about to become TX law.)

yours, satx

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    F350-6,

yours, satx

I once knew a guy who was in the navy, and on a duty station change, he found where officers on a ship were stealing stuff like crazy. He reported it to his superior, who happened to be in on it, and was written up for some bogus court martial charges.

Long story short the admiral or whoever was in charge was the guy making it happen. Seems he told me it was in the hundreds of thousands. My acquaintance was transferred to another duty station to avoid retribution.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I once knew a guy who was in the navy, and on a duty station change, he found where officers on a ship were stealing stuff like crazy. He reported it to his superior, who happened to be in on it, and was written up for some bogus court martial charges.

Long story short the admiral or whoever was in charge was the guy making it happen. Seems he told me it was in the hundreds of thousands. My acquaintance was transferred to another duty station to avoid retribution.

deemus,

I was with USACIDC & found that there was FAR too much of what you describe. = CORRUPT senior civilians & officers, too, are found throughout the government at all levels.

I once caught a COL/06 buying an expensive necklace, a sable stroller & a Buick Roadmaster wagon out of "discretionary funds", to which he had access. = Well over 100K in total.
    (He was acquitted at a GCM, by a judge "sitting alone", after "voluntarily agreeing to return the items".)

Our office also caught a QM COL trading sex with DW for food from the commissary. - He had a "regular harem" that would rival that of a Sheik of Araby.
    (He was "allowed to resign for the good of the service" & kept his pension.)

Frankly, the DOUBLE STANDARD of "justice" is everywhere from HRC's felonies to down SGM Woolridge's "trading with the enemy." = ALL of these people "escaped justice", that would have caused the imprisonment of every member of the forum.

IF this doesn't raise your blood pressure, you are a more accepting of unethical/corrupt acts than I am.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Then you are screwed. You have to try. If they are corrupt then it is time to shut up and leave.

lightflyer1,

NOPE. - IF you are innocent, you keep trying until you WIN.
    (I've been threatened by flags/IG/SES officials "to just shut up" or "something bad will happen to you" but, in case you haven't noticed, I retired from the USA at the normal date & with a clean, though truthfully, an "undistinguished", record. = The crooks in the bureaucracies do NOT like people who won't/cannot be bullied.)

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom