• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    (I've been threatened by flags/IG/SES officials "to just shut up" or "something bad will happen to you" but, in case you haven't noticed, I retired from the USA at the normal date & with a clean record. = The crooks in the bureaucracies do NOT like people who won't/cannot be bullied.)

Was once tipped off (given a copy, by a clerk in GP HQ) that my unit's latest MRR had been changed to reflect a higher score than I had reported, and that the fudged report was forwarded up the chain under my signature.

Reporting what I learned apparently got no further than two steps up. That someone above him was bucking for a star was no secret ... and the effect was that the accurate report made someone look bad.

Bottom line, it really didn't change the units readiness or have an impact our performing our mission, but just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Nonetheless, and shortly thereafter (as insurance??) a missile was "accidentally" dropped on my Tac site, early on a Saturday morning, in a manner so transparently obvious that it was plainly done in the hopes I would attempt to sweep the incident under the rug and not report it (easily done way out of all the paperwork that would take).

But thereby leaving a necessary and incriminating paper trail that would require more lies. That's one fool Mama didn't raise. One trait of the stupid ... they think everyone is their equal in that department.

The original paperwork and fudged copy safe in hand, quietly dropped the hint to a low level suspect in the missile "incident" that two could play that game, and the WAPO, not a "liberal" rag at the time, would love to get their hands on both, knowing the hint would travel like bad news.

That was the last time that particular unit got zinged for a candy bar wrapper in back of a deuce-and-a-half on a surprise, fly in, Sunday morning inspection. And suddenly the unit got all kinds of good reports and scores on exercises.

I was expecting some retribution on an upcoming OER, but doing so would have really been that stupid.

Petty shit, and some not so petty, but there are those who will attempt to play dirty in the military, and often the higher up you go, the more backstabbing political it can get.

Took the opportunity get a out a couple of years later ... simply despised dealing with peacetime military, the politics it involved, and what it took to stay free of that taint the higher you went.
    Lynx Defense

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    karlac,

UNDERSTOOD. = The ONE absolutely awful OER that I ever received in 3 decades was written by a superior of whom I had had had to turn-in for forgery & for rewriting a report to excuse his "conduct unbecoming".
    (In those days, you normally didn't even see your OERs.)

A brigade personnel clerk sent me a "bootleg copy" & I went to the CG with it. - The result was that the OER was "withdrawn for cause", a new (& very different) OER was written by another officer/endorsed by the CG/reviewed by a LT General.
    (The original OER rating-officer was "relieved of his command & transferred to other duties".)

IF you aren't afraid "to stick your neck out", you CAN make the system work at least 99% of the time.
    (Some of the "unsung heroes" of the RVN War were the LTC/COL, who were involved in the "colonel's mutiny" & STOPPED the "Khaki Mafia" from continuing to "trade with the enemy". = The group went to GEN Westmoreland with their findings & suffered NO adverse personnel by "by bypassing their Chain of Command".)

just my OPINION, satx

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    No reply from the paper or my state rep yet either.

Well, still nothing from the paper, but I got a snail mail letter from my state rep today. The most direct response to any comment I have written to a politician to date.

He started off by acknowledging this was about the constitutional carry bill (his words). He says he has, and will call on Speaker Bonnen and Chairman Nevarez to bring the bill to hearing. He did say that he was not aware of all the details that really happened between Mr. McNutt (his words) and Speaker Bonnen's family, but if Bonnen's statement was true that there was reason to fear for the safety of his family, then that crossed the line. Likewise, if the video showed the real story, then that too crossed the line.

Then he closed by saying "I am not here to play politics or choose sides, I am here to be your voice. I have asked my staff to register your correspondence so that I may refer to your matter at a later date if this issue comes before me in a committee hearing or on the house floor"

Overall, I'm happy with the response. I can see that the video, while not painting a pretty picture for Bonnen's narrative, also does not cover anything that may have happened prior to, or after that video.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    F350-6,

Given Bonnen's known DECEITS, I suspect that what was shown in the video is ALL that there was to "the alleged incident".

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    F350-6,

Given Bonnen's known DECEITS, I suspect that what was shown in the video is ALL that there was to "the alleged incident".

yours, satx

I don't disagree one bit. But we all jumped on Obama for taking sides and making statements based on one video or statement that didn't actually show the full picture.

For a politician, I actually find it refreshing to hear, I don't have all the facts. I've heard two sides to the story. I don't have enough information to do anything but ask more questions at this point. While also saying I'll record your comments for the record and use them if the time comes because that's what I was sent here to do.

I don't expect this will change the outcome at all. In my mind, the bill is still dead. But barring future developments, my rep just got my vote next time around again.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Here is some footage released today of when some other folks went block walking in Bonnen's neighborhood. IIRC this was about a month after Chris McNutt was made a news story.

Top Bottom