• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXB4Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    Long story short. I moved not too long after sending my paper work into DPS for my CHL. I called them up to ask if I could change my address why my application was be processed. The guy I spoke with on the phone said that it wasn't a problem and e-mail them my new in info with "COA in progress" (change of address) as the subject. So I sent the e-mail and a few hours later I got a reply saying my info has been updated.

Fast forward to today. My license finally showed up and guess what, my old address is on there. It would not be a big deal if they told me it was too late and I would have to change it once my license was issued but they told me I could do it then with no problem.

I sent them another e-mail this afternoon and I'm going to call Monday morning and see if they can change my address with out charging me $25.
    Hurley's Gold

Sixlites

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Good luck on it. They oughta do that for ya considering you thought ahead and specifically asked to change it ahead of time and even got a confirmation email. Hope it works out for ya.

TXB4Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    Why was this thread locked a few days ago?

Any ways. I got a e-mail back saying that they would send me a new license with my current address at no charge. Considering they pretty much had me by the balls and could have told me I'm SOL I'm really surprised it was this easy. It's nice to see some 'customer service' from our local government!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I might have been locked by accident, I opened it. With the newer boards you click next to the thread and can lock it without opening it so it's easy to choose the wrong one.

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    You think the state will make the proper changes right the first time. HA!
    When I got my CHL the first time the state misspelled my middle name so I called them they sent me another and it was misspelled exactly the same way. So I called again, and they said they said they would have to look up my application to see how it was spelled. I told the lady on the phone I know exactly how it was spelled on my application since I am the one who filled it out!. Third time was the charm though.:rolleyes:b

Top Bottom