• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    So now Illegal Immigrants can be eligible for financial aid for college in California.

I was actually laughing at California for allowing this, but then I read further down the article and saw that only two other states already had the dream act... Texas being one of them. I was shocked, but then again we do have a large population of Hispanics and such.

California allows college aid to illegal immigrants - Yahoo! News
    Target Sports

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    But did you read about the Feds considering upon putting the boot in California's hiney over medical marijuana ? I am not taking either side or argument because I don't smoke, don't use marijuana, don't live in California & it "ain't" none of my business...We'll see how it turns out but like I said I care not one way or the other.

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well I can tell you that I am for Medicinal Marijuana. My mother has had five back surgeries and was on the road to recovery. That was until a person who was texting rear ended her at 60+ MPH while she was sitting at a red light. Now she has two herniated disks in her back as well as her whole neck as well. She is going to have to have her neck fused together in three years and is permanently disabled. Instead of being on heavy narcotics, my mom elected to go with medicinal marijuana.

My dad is just got his medicinal license as well. His right shoulder is shot after four rotator cup surgeries. But his has a stipulation, he cannot use marijuana 8 hours before going to work as he operates equipment.

So I am for medical marijuana as an alternative to prescription narcotics. I also believe that only certain cases should be allowed to use marijuana, as some of the stuff you can get a license for is just ridiculous.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    "The controversial measure, which passed the Democrat-controlled legislature on a party-line vote in September, represents a victory for immigrant-rights activists ahead of the 2012 presidential election. California is the nation's most populous state."

should be illegal alien-rights

If you are an immigrant, you've followed the law and are already entitled to the benefits.

Edit: I realized it may sound as if I endorse the moon beam's signature on the referenced law. Illegal aliens here in the USA have two rights, the right to be deported and the right to be in prison.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Texas affords a lot of the same rights to illegal students... and Rick Perry defends it. I think that was political suicide for his presidential bid. (No political intent here... and please don't respond politically)

Top Bottom