Dream Flights: Operation Sept. Freedom to celebrate WWII veterans—and GIVE them the plane ride of their dreams.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I stumbled across this today and truly hope TGTers can get interested and willing Veterans connected with Dream Flights. I provide the below clip from the About tab and the main link below it for your perusal.
    God bless our Veterans.

In 2021, as summer turns to fall, keep an eye out overhead. You might spot a World War II-era biplane soaring.
    And your veteran family member might be in it.
    On August 1, 2021, we’re launching Operation September Freedom to celebrate WWII veterans—and give them the plane ride of their dreams.
    Right now, we’re scouring the country to find these esteemed vets. Do you know one? Tell us here!

Why We’re Focusing on WWII Vets

Of the 16 million Americans who served in WWII, only an estimated 100,000 will be alive in 2021. The youngest will be 95.
    September 2 will mark 76 years since the signing of the Japanese Instrument of Surrender, which effectively ended the war.
    Since the launch of Dream Flights in 2011, we’ve given free flights of a lifetime to more than 4,200 veterans and seniors living in long-term care communities. Fewer and fewer of our Dream Flyers are WWII veterans. Every day, we’re losing the opportunity to celebrate them.
    So in 2021, we’re dedicating our entire Dream Flight Tour to WWII veterans. Our mission is to honor as many as possible, thanking them for fighting for freedom.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Even though neither Coiled nor I are vets, I moved this thread to this subforum because it seemed the best place for it. If anyone disagrees with that call, PM me.

Top Bottom