• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...The latest talking points I've seen is that If you do not agree 100% and essentially voice your support, you are part of the problem...

The good old ‘we value diversity so long as it’s our diversity’ trick.

One of our standards is to embrace diversity and be purposefully inclusive, which cannot occur when ideas or perspectives are rejected because they are different. I can and do respect and empathize with the frustration others feel right now. That doesn’t mean I believe there’s only one solution to any of this. It also doesn’t mean I have my own frustrations with government, that my frustrations are just as important to me, and that I’d like to have that same empathy and respect from others though.

I sat on a D&I panel for leaders about two years ago, where the panelists were asked to describe how,
    given random strangers, they perceived those others saw them vs how they wanted to be perceived. Almost every panelist responded along the lines of “others see me as a color/sex”and wanted to be seen as mother/father/successful/leader, etc.

My response was I think other see me as just a person and thats how I want them to see me. I used that to open up a conversation with the other panelists and audience about unconscious biases and how one can be their own worst enemy when it comes to embracing diversity and being purposefully inclusive and how life experiences, political beliefs, etc influence you to be a hammer and only see nails.

Lots of good conversations came out of that challenge.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Guess he’s not allowed to have his own opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only opinion allowed today is appeasement. As long as you are not white, who depends on the day.
    Ball players should shut up and play ball.
    All of them.
    Ain't that the truth.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If we can kneel during the anthem at football games, can we play football at funerals now?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Athletes have as much credibility with making political statements as say a singer or some other entertainer does - that's to say...none.

Shut up and entertain, your politics mean absolutely nothing to me.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Haven't watched the NFL since the owners decided to capitulate to virtue signalling. In my opinion, if you apologize for what you think is right, you're no better. If you don't have the guts to stick up for what you believe, then keep your mouth shut.
    Agreed. Not giving them a single dollar.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I have lost a lot of respect for Brees since he has now come out and backed off of his statement.....basically reversing course because of criticism from the left.

Top Bottom