• BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Just remember, you asked for it. Scroll down for an example of Menudo:

MENUDO!!

menudo.jpg

Ok, that wasnt the menudo that I was thinking of... Made me sick, ya know, that little baby puke that gets caught in the back of your throat... Yeah that...
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I think the breathalizer test is faulty, and I probably would deny it in lieu of a field sobriety test.

I would never take a field sobriety test. I'd rather demand a blood test.

I would probably fail it when I'm completely sober.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Here we go just at thought now that I'm drinking.
    You have been to the range, you stopped and slammed a few; you have shot ALL you ammo!
    Yes the gun is in your possession and or about your body, but its no more than a hammer now without ammo!
    So are you still in trouble for the gun or just DUI or DWI????

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Here we go just at thought now that I'm drinking.

What are you drinking? I just pop'd the top off a Bud Light, as I cook up some deer meat chili & Jalapeno corn bread.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The Reverend Jimmy Beam arrived shortly ago and I've prep'd the steaks and the corn on the cob, goth the green beans cooking and the rolls are ready to go in the oven. The honey dew million is sliced and cooling off in the fridge.
    Me and the rev need to have a short prayer then go fire up the grill!!!!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I wish they changed the laws so that a particulular blood alcohol content was required for illegal carry.

Either way, I don't like the idea of having any alcohol while carrying, even though my 200 lbs and athletic liver could handle it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    If anyone wants a heck of a laugh, read through this whole thread, then go back and read the OP's actual question.

If it goes on much more I bet it'll be talking about the curing of Swiss cheese.

A few things I noticed. Someone brought up "the justified shooting". The question has nothing to do with a shooting, and a "justified shooting" has nothing to do with unlawful carry, drinking, DUI's or anything.

It's been said and covered 10000 times before, there is no statistical measure for "legally drunk". The LEO makes the determination, hopefully with the guidance of the law, but ask most people that have gone down for PI how accurate the assessment was with the guidance of the law. If the LEO's assertion is that you are a danger to yourself or others then you're considered drunk. You're blood alcohol doesn't measure whether you are legally drunk, even for a DWI, it provided a measure by which the law says you can no longer legally drive a vehicle. I don't think anywhere i any law does it state that it determines that you are legally drunk.

Also, the law does not deliniate a loaded or unloaded gun; just a gun. If it's on or about you, regardless of if it's loaded, unloaded, open, closed, disabled or not, it's a gun on or about you.

If you're responsible an don't have a habit of calling attention to yourself, you'll not have to worry about being put in a situation where an LEO will have the honor of deciding if you are or are not "drunk" while carrying.

It's a slippery slope and not as easy as a DWI where they can the measure and have actual data to support a charge. Just be sensible.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    While my rule of thumb is never to drink while carrying, I will have one beer or glass of wine with dinner if we're dining out ... the DUI limit is .08, but driving "impaired," is, as a previous poster said, at the discretion of the officer involved ... I'm not risking my CHL -- or my DL, for that matter -- just to have a few beers after work ...

spence76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    El Paso
    Had a beer at friend's house right after the law got changed to .08. The friend is LEO. He is the one who told me that the new "get tough on DWI" limits were all about revenue.

He gave me the opportunity to blow into a freshly calibrated field breath tester. After ONE 12 ounce beer, I blew a .09. Twenty minutes later .08. 45 minutes later .07, and an hour later .04.

You must not have a liver or kidneys because the human body removes the equivalent alcohol of 1 shot hard liquor, 1 8oz glass of wine, or 1 12oz beer from your blood stream each hour. Thats why you can have 1 drink an hour and not feel any effects from it. Its basic anatomy and biology from nursing school.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You must not have a liver or kidneys because the human body removes the equivalent alcohol of 1 shot hard liquor, 1 8oz glass of wine, or 1 12oz beer from your blood stream each hour. Thats why you can have 1 drink an hour and not feel any effects from it. Its basic anatomy and biology from nursing school.

Or maybe genius, the law and equipment to test are designed to have a defacto "zero tolerance" and it is just a huge money grab

I never at anytime in the post claimed to feel anything in the way of effects from one beer, but the point was to let others know that the breathalyzers out there are designed to detect the tiniest amounts of alcohol. Even listerine will have you blowing 2-3 times the legal limit for over an hour.

I will thank you in advance to keep your pithy comments about my anatomy to yourself, and if you are unable to do so, go piss up a rope.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    If i remember right, those breathalizers detect any alcohols, not just ethanol, in your breath. the amount of alcohol in your breath correlates somehow with the alcohol in your blood. if you just take a swig of any liquid with any kind of alcohol, a lot of it is going to be in your mouth.

it doesn't matter how much alcohol your liver and kidneys can digest if you have a bunch of alcohol in your mouth.

long story short, a breathilizer isn't the most accurate way of doing things, but police officers aren't phlebotomists and i don't want them drawing blood.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    If i remember right, those breathalizers detect any alcohols, not just ethanol, in your breath. the amount of alcohol in your breath correlates somehow with the alcohol in your blood. if you just take a swig of any liquid with any kind of alcohol, a lot of it is going to be in your mouth.

it doesn't matter how much alcohol your liver and kidneys can digest if you have a bunch of alcohol in your mouth.

long story short, a breathilizer isn't the most accurate way of doing things, but police officers aren't phlebotomists and i don't want them drawing blood.

Ethanol is the only alcohol someone would have in great proportions on the breath.

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    as much as it would be nice to be able to say that everybody knows their limit and we could just let the drunk issue up to human faith, but as we all know, this isnt true, as much as i side with gun-owners on issues, i'm not a blind follower, just having a CHL does not make one a warrior or a good person, there are retarded ass CHL holders out there who can/will/ and do, ruin it for all of us who are law abiding armed professionals.

even in my own house, if i start drinking, as soon as beer #2 opens, my XD goes up stairs and gets unloaded, i could easily go to 4 beers and not feel a thing but its not worth the risk. there is this massive stigma associated with guns and alcohol (rightly so but still).

there is a stigma that is (justifiably) associated with mixing guns and alcohol, and it has bled over into such things like "it's illegal to carry a weapon in an establishment that derives more than 51% of its revenue from alcohol sales". somebody explain to me why it is such a bad thing to be on the way home from wherever, work if you will, and stop and make your periodic stop at the liquor store to restock, i'm not saying taking your gun out to go inside is any major inconvenience but it's the principal

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Common Sense Prevails

The law recognizes that alcohol in certain amounts reduces human inhibitions, and increases the possibility of certain passions, argumentative and anger we are referring to....So...if we want to have a CHL and carry, they determined that drinking and carrying are not in the public interests.

The point in contention is what the percentage of blood/alcohol is truly a
    point of being impaired to carry a gun, drive a motor vehicle or whatever.
    The present .08 isn't realistic because of the factors of body weight, physical condition and other factors. At .08 some people are drunker than a skunk and others sober as a judge.

In summation, its better to have a drink after shooting, back home, gun put up and etc. I like a snort of "rukus juice" as well as the next person but I like my CHL a lot better.....

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    somebody explain to me why it is such a bad thing to be on the way home from wherever, work if you will, and stop and make your periodic stop at the liquor store to restock, i'm not saying taking your gun out to go inside is any major inconvenience but it's the principal

Is it a bad thing? I hadn't heard. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a CHL holder carrying his handgun into a liquor store.

Top Bottom