• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    So, does anyone have any experience with Droid Tablets? Picked up some before Christmas for the kids. Had a pretty common version of the Droid OS and was cheap. Like $75 each. I wasn't sure if they would use them or not, but they are always on them. Problem I have is the version I picked up is not compatible with Google Play for apps. Only uses the Amazon Store. Some of the apps they are interested in are only on Google Play (Draw something and Instagram.)

Anyone have advice for inexpensive full function tablets? I think I may be looking at 4 instead of 2.
    Venture Surplus ad

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I have the Nexus 7 and think its the best bang for the buck. Excellent tablet that is still one of the best on the market and has lots of support out there for it. They also make a 10" version.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've got the Samsung 10". I love it but am dissapointed in the lack of flash player.
    Lots of websites I can't use : (
    Anybody know of a fix?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've got the Samsung 10". I love it but am dissapointed in the lack of flash player.
    Lots of websites I can't use : (
    Anybody know of a fix?
    I had this problem on a Samsung Galaxy note which is their tablet sized phone. Or Phablet as I called it. I just downloaded adobe and divx off Google play and it was good to go after.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Other than being used to the iOS, I've got the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and I enjoy it. Only drawback from my experience is being stuck with wifi only ... but it cost less than $200 anyways. I believe they're coming out with a cell version soon or have by now

Sent from my RobCo Pip-Boy 3000.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a Kindle fire that has the same issue of being gimped by Amazon, but I installed a third-party marketplace so I could easily download and install whatever I want. Find the setting buried in the system menus that allows you to run unauthorized apps, enable that, then surf to Free Android apps & games download | 1mobile.com and download their market.

You could also manually download and install the .apk files for the apps you want if they are available, but a third-party marketplace just makes it easier.

Top Bottom