• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    Anybody familiar with this stuff?

Got a mailorder catalog today offering ammo from Dynamic Research Technologies. It's supposed to be the most deadly and accurate ammo available.

The ad says it has a powder core as opposed to lead or solid copper. The powder is of course in motion as the round spins, giving it (so they say) incredible balance and accuracy. If it hits an organic target -- your garden-variety home invader -- the powder "instantly disperses, resulting in Instant Death." their caps, not mine. Average wounds are five inches deep and 5 inches wide; the bullet turns to dust. Hard to print a serial number on it, I'd guess.

The ad only offered two calibers, 124gr 9mm and 79gr .223. Cost --wait for it -- $70 for 50 rounds of 9, $50 for 20 rounds of .223.

Love to hear if anybody's used it or read about it ... I've seen nothing in the gun mags I read.
    DK Firearms

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Anybody familiar with this stuff?

Got a mailorder catalog today offering ammo from Dynamic Research Technologies. It's supposed to be the most deadly and accurate ammo available.

The ad says it has a powder core as opposed to lead or solid copper. The powder is of course in motion as the round spins, giving it (so they say) incredible balance and accuracy. If it hits an organic target -- your garden-variety home invader -- the powder "instantly disperses, resulting in Instant Death." their caps, not mine. Average wounds are five inches deep and 5 inches wide; the bullet turns to dust. Hard to print a serial number on it, I'd guess.

The ad only offered two calibers, 124gr 9mm and 79gr .223. Cost --wait for it -- $70 for 50 rounds of 9, $50 for 20 rounds of .223.

Love to hear if anybody's used it or read about it ... I've seen nothing in the gun mags I read.

Honestly much of what they claim in the ads sounds suspiciously like hype.

Here is what Chuck Hawks has to say about it.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I bought a box of .223.Its accurate but I prefer Black Hills and Hornady TAP.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like all hype to me. For self defense ammo, personally I would stick to known and trusted name brands out there as at least you'll know what you're getting for your money. Corbon is one of the top manufacturers IMO, and there are plenty of SD rounds out there from others like Black Hills, Remington, Federal, Speer, etc.

A word to the wise, I've heard all sorts of outrageous claims about ammo capability from another manufacturer out there, RBCD (based out of San Antonio). In reality, people have done cross section metallurgic analysis' of their bullets and determined their "blended metal technology" is simply just a lead and polymer core with a brass jacket however they are of shoddy construction. On top of that they don't perform nearly as claimed. There seems to be many companies out there like this. Another comes to mind....Extreme Shock. These fringe ammo companies like this, honestly I'd stay away from them as 99% of the time their stuff turns out to be a gimmic that doesn't quite live up to the increased price over other more reputable brands.

Top Bottom