• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I just bought my 2nd KCI. First one works like a charm. Second just showed up yesterday from Classic Firearms - $99.00. I also have a 90 round MWG snail drum that's been utterly reliable. Not the handiest, I'll admit. I suggest you store any higher capacity drum mag about 10 rounds light. That's MWG's factory recommendation so imagine it would be effective for dual drum designs.

Tex1961

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2020
    Plano, Texas
    Not a fan of drum mags. I like to send 10 - 20 rounds down range and stop to assess my shots, maybe inspect my gun and just take a few seconds to reload or change mags. Plus the added weight is a pain for me.

hooper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Houston Area
    Have a D60 nice looking piece of equipment but a pain, real pain to load. I loaded mine once about 3 months ago, my fingers still hurt. Watched videos etc, to no avail. I think I made it to 45 and quit.

I would stick to 30's or 40's something that you can use a loader thingy with.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Have a D60 nice looking piece of equipment but a pain, real pain to load. I loaded mine once about 3 months ago, my fingers still hurt. Watched videos etc, to no avail. I think I made it to 45 and quit.

I would stick to 30's or 40's something that you can use a loader thingy with.
    Loader thingy? The wife? :evil:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Pmag D60 and KCI 100rd beta..........contrast and comparison with thoughts on utility/novelty?

Have neither..........but in a few months neither will be availalble. Wondering.

Mohawk600; All,

SERIOUS QUESTION: Does anyone make a drum magazine that does NOT convert the firearm that it is used with into a "JAM-O-MATIC"??

ALL of the the drum magazines that I've actually seen used on the ranges WOULD NOT RUN properly & w/o "unintended stoppages".
    (Obviously, I'm sure that I've NOT seen all the different kinds.)

yours, satx

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I thought I wanted a 60 round AR magazine until I held a loaded 60 round AR magazine. The only drum magazine that would interest me is one for a Thompson, if I owned a Thompson.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I thought I wanted a 60 round AR magazine until I held a loaded 60 round AR magazine. The only drum magazine that would interest me is one for a Thompson, if I owned a Thompson.

Geezer,

It still makes me sad (and angry at myself) that I did NOT buy an "AS NEW" 1928 "Navy over-stamp" TSMG in a "FBI hardcase" for 1,000.oo cash.
    (The Thompson had been bought in the early 1950s by a south LA sheriff but NEVER even test fired. - When the sheriff that ordered it died, his successor was NOT interested in a "Tommy gun" & just left it in the arms room.)

yours, satx

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have a 100 round Beta mag and it works well. Honestly I can't say it's been used a lot though. Clear back is the only way to go with any of them.

It did jam up on me once while loading it. Pain to straight out.

I notched my Maglula loader to fit it so loading and unloading it isn't a big deal now.

Definitely not my go to mag.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Like anything firearm related if you want it get it now.

This has nothing to do with our current situation though. I've always felt this way.

Things can just change too fast to sit on your hands.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I can say the D60 works well......

Look at the surefire 60 and 100 rd mags...expensive, but utterly reliable in my Post DS M16.......easier to load and carry, imho.....

Top Bottom