• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a 100 round Beta mag and it works well. Honestly I can't say it's been used a lot though. Clear back is the only way to go with any of them.

It did jam up on me once while loading it. Pain to straight out.

I notched my Maglula loader to fit it so loading and unloading it isn't a big deal now.

Definitely not my go to mag.
    Unlike Beta mags Magpul & SureFire don't require graphite.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IMG_3912.JPG
    IMG_3775.JPG

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I started looking @ those real hard for use with my Colt IAR upper. Take 150 rounds, put them in a heavy bag the add it to your AR. I draw the line @ 60 rounds because if the weight.
    Would prolly be best for fixed position, keep em pinned down while your buddies flank them, kinda scenario.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I've got two of the KCI 100 rd mag's. While I bought them for novelty reasons, I used them on my AR's and Kel-Tec PMR-16 pistol.
    Both of them functioned perfectly every time I have used them without a single jam. I think that people that have jamming issues didn't lube them with the dry graphite.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I like my D60 for 3-gun and competitions that allow it. If you want a cheaper alternative get two 40 rd Pmags and a maglink.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I personally think that they may be novelty items.....but novelty items that may not be available after Jan. I was thinking about the D60 and the Shmeisser s60 from Palmetto. Just wanted to solicit some opinions.

Remember when the Ramline 25 rd mags for the Ruger 10/22 went from $25 to $100 overnight?

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I have not had a single issue with my KCI or my 90 round snail drum. I don't keep them for range use - I keep them loaded 10 rounds light strictly in case I need superior firepower. If yours jam - throw them away. I just purchased another 100 rnd KCI. If it fails when I do a two drum dump, it'll be on TGT in a heartbeat. And I shoot garbage steel case through them. Can't afford to test with the "good" stuff.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    There are good reasons why few military use drum mags.
    For me, it is both weight and reliability issues.
    probably a nice investment toy.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    I started looking @ those real hard for use with my Colt IAR upper. Take 150 rounds, put them in a heavy bag the add it to your AR. I draw the line @ 60 rounds because if the weight.
    I like this video which explains the role of the IAR and why the shooter prefers the 60 round "coffin" / stick magazine.
    The whole vid is fun but the magazine choice explanation starts around 7:30.
    Previously while shooting the LMG in prone ( about 4:50 )he explains why the 100 round Surefire is awkward.

I picked up 3 semi IAR uppers with Colt semi lowers about a year ago because I knew how special they are.
    Prices have begun to climb.

Have about a dozen Surefire 60 round stick mags. IMO the perfect "drum" ;)

A guy on Gunbroker is selling them for $68 brand new.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom