Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Badge-03.jpg

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I sell guns at work all the time. You would be surprised at the number of illegals that speak perfect English. And the number of LEGAL citizens that have more accent than illegals.
    Without universal registration and backround checks on ALL transfers, there is no way of knowing for sure. Then, they just get them illegally. Steal them, or buy them on the black market doesn't matter. If they want them, they WILL get them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Well that would work too I guess. Anyone not doing it through a NICS system would be doing it illegally and then go after them.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No, Zinc just seems to be claiming that anyone who disagrees with him is encouraging it.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I'm confused. Are we arguing in favor of universal background checks and registration?
    I believe we are going to get some form of UBC. Don't know when, don't know details, but I can see it coming.

And if the midterms don't go well, I can see another AWB com'in down the pike.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I believe we are going to get some form of UBC. Don't know when, don't know details, but I can see it coming.

And if the midterms don't go well, I can see another AWB com'in down the pike.

I don't disagree that either is certainly a possibility.

One thing I think will be different from AWB 1.0 is that the firearms industry has shown in states like CA an amazing ability to get around these feature bans. Sure the rifles are butt ugly and not nearly as functional but they are there. Maybe we'll see the rise of the tactical lever action that some are marketing now.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No to arguing for it and no to claiming anyone who disagrees with me is encouragement. I will allow that anyone who disagrees with me is just a silly willy though.
    View attachment 125141

I don't want to be part of this argument. I'm just going to say that I don't believe you understand what is required in order for the seller to be guilty of a crime.

If the seller says "hi, I'm rodrigo and I'd like to buy your gun" it's legal to sell to him. The seller isn't aware of his citizenship status and can presume it legal.

If he says "hi, I'm Rodrigo and I'm an illegal immigrant. I'd like to buy your gun" then selling to him is illegal.

If you believe that fits with your claim then fine. No reason to discuss it further as nothing will change.

This all assumes a typical ftf transaction. Should there be other circumstances which haven't come to light via any news outlets in aware of, it may change.

Then there is the possibility that a fake ID was shown. They aren't that hard to get. So I believe the idea of finding the seller and slapping them with a felony is a premature call for action, and don't believe the charge would be as easily proven as you claim.

I'm out. Even this post wasn't worth making.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I don't disagree that either is certainly a possibility.

One thing I think will be different from AWB 1.0 is that the firearms industry has shown in states like CA an amazing ability to get around these feature bans. Sure the rifles are butt ugly and not nearly as functional but they are there. Maybe we'll see the rise of the tactical lever action that some are marketing now.
    ALA - assault lever action

Top Bottom